Digital Cluster Started Flickering

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Grahamwhitfield

Post by Grahamwhitfield »

Yea,same prob my 4 week old puma st line dashboard has intermittent flickering, very annoying, going in tomorrow to be looked at

Grey Fox

Post by Grey Fox »

Hi all,

New member here. Apologies for reviving an old thread. I was toying with the idea of creating a new one, but wanted feedback from people with the same issue. I was wondering if anyone else with this issue has actually had it resolved, and if so what was done please?

My Puma ST went in a few weeks ago to get this looked at, as well as an issue with the Stop-Start (not always working). The software was updated, but unfortunately hasn't made a difference to the digital dash. As the OP stated, this is noticeable in Eco and Normal modes, but not in Sport and Track.

It went back in again earlier this week. I've been told that there isn't anything more they can do, unless it actually breaks. Apparently, they can't/won't replace the panel itself unless it stops working completely. I didn't find this acceptable, neither did the gentleman that I dealt with. I will be taking this further, but would be interested to know if anyone has received a dash replacement, or if the issue it due to something else.

Due to having stop-start issues, which I've been told is battery related, I'm wondering if this could be the cause, or perhaps the alternator. On a laptop or monitor, if the screen behaves in a similar way, a replacement panel usually resolved the issue. Someone has mentioned it could be heat related. I saw that same post, but my issues started in February/March. The weather was bit cooler then.

Thank you

Grey Fox
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Grey Fox, Use your mobile and take a video and snapshots when you have the problem, then it's undeniable. You may need a passenger in order to do this. It worked for me when I had a issue with a different car.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Grey Fox

Post by Grey Fox »

Hi Rizmo,

Thank you for your reply. I've already sent them video proof, the first time it went in. So they've at least seen it happening, even if this isn't in person. However, I'm being told there's nothing more then can do.

Phone call to Customer Relations tomorrow.

Thank you

Grey Fox
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Consider changing dealers and contact Ford directly.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Grey Fox

Post by Grey Fox »

Hi Sparks,

Thank you for your reply.

I have contacted the customer relations team this morning, who advised the same thing. My car is booked in at another dealer so they can take a look.

Thank you

Grey Fox
Jamoritch

Post by Jamoritch »

Grey Fox wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:20 pm Hi Sparks,

Thank you for your reply.

I have contacted the customer relations team this morning, who advised the same thing. My car is booked in at another dealer so they can take a look.

Thank you

Grey Fox
Did you get this resolved? Just started happening on mine too :( only 4 days old.
Grey Fox

Post by Grey Fox »

Hi Jamoritch,

I'm afraid not. I ended up cancelling my appointment with the second dealer, after receiving a phone call from customer services.
I was informed that I was given the wrong information, and they apologised for that. They are apparently aware of the issue, but there isn't a confirmed fix for this at the moment.

I've been told that they will contact me when a fix becomes available. Is this true, or is this just a bluffy response? I'm not 100% sure either way, but I shall give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Thanks

Grey Fox
joejoehoppy

Post by joejoehoppy »

Hello Guys, I have a 2023 Puma st with 900 miles on the clock, only had it a few months. I currently have this issue. With some searching on the net I came across this article. Can anyone tell me what happened with this fault in the end ? Was it just an update? Cheers
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

joejoehoppy wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:16 am Hello Guys, I have a 2023 Puma st with 900 miles on the clock, only had it a few months. I currently have this issue. With some searching on the net I came across this article. Can anyone tell me what happened with this fault in the end ? Was it just an update? Cheers
Firstly, welcome to the forum... :D
No one has reported back yet that they have had theirs fixed as far as I'm aware.
Best, go back to the dealers, then at the very least you will have registered the fault. The rest will be up to how good your dealer is, if they can't/won't help then you can escalate it up to Ford.
Sorry I can't be of any more assistance in this case...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.