Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Hi Sorry if I'm not posting in correct place.I have a 2020 st line X and have decided to get a new st line X with a couple of upgrades I've reverse camera and power bootlift I see the brakes have drums now and do ford still use rombat battery and I had to have mine replaced with a varta. I would appreciate any feedback that you think would be beneficial to me... Thanks in advance
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Bluebrazil wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:58 pm Hi Sorry if I'm not posting in correct place.I have a 2020 st line X and have decided to get a new st line X with a couple of upgrades I've reverse camera and power bootlift I see the brakes have drums now and do ford still use rombat battery and I had to have mine replaced with a varta. I would appreciate any feedback that you think would be beneficial to me... Thanks in advance
They are still fitting the Rombat batteries. I don't think that the Robat's were causing all the battery issues anyway. A few of us here had their problem fixed with a software fix. As for the rear drums.... if you are getting the 125 model then certainly you will have drums. I think if you are getting the 155 then you still will get discs.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I agree with Vendee, I don't believe it to be the Rombat's fault. A software upgrade on my last Puma fixed the problems I had over 'Deep Sleep'..
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

Thanks for your feedback I am upgrading to the 155 model so hopefully I will get disks However I got my rombat battery replaced 18 months ago and it has been fine .... I was having problems with the rombat with deep sleep and also flat battery but as I say since replacing with a varta all is good
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Mine still has the sync notice that shuts it down to preserve the battery. However only when we do short journeys ….and my wife loves the winter pack!

I’ve read today that the glove box light might be an issue with some - they stay on all the time due to crappy switches.

Could this be why later models don’t appear to have one fitted?
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Plus the Wi-Fi suggestion that it continually looks for a connection and flattens the battery. Not sure I believe that one though.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Stoopo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:21 am Plus the Wi-Fi suggestion that it continually looks for a connection and flattens the battery. Not sure I believe that one though.
I'm pretty sure my Wi-Fi is not active with the engine off so that won't be a problem. :)
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Ron240 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:38 pm
Stoopo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:21 am Plus the Wi-Fi suggestion that it continually looks for a connection and flattens the battery. Not sure I believe that one though.
I'm pretty sure my Wi-Fi is not active with the engine off so that won't be a problem. :)

Well mine updated to F11 whilst sat on the drive and no way was the car switched on.

I think the whole idea of the Wi-Fi is to connect with your home router whilst the car is in range. Then if you set up auto updates it should do them for you.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Stoopo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:59 pm
Ron240 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:38 pm

Well mine updated to F11 whilst sat on the drive and no way was the car switched on.

I think the whole idea of the Wi-Fi is to connect with your home router whilst the car is in range. Then if you set up auto updates it should do them for you.
I know we already had that conversation. :D
I'm willing to be proved wrong but I'm sure mine will not connect with the engine, or at least power turned off.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Ron240 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:09 pm
Stoopo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:59 pm
Ron240 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:38 pm I'm pretty sure my Wi-Fi is not active with the engine off so that won't be a problem. :)

I know we already had that conversation. :D
I'm willing to be proved wrong but I'm sure mine will not connect with the engine, or at least power turned off.
Maybe you need a software update then? As I said the only way my F11 could have been updated was by Wi-Fi. I was pleasantly surprised at the time because it was a huge update.