Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
robgee

Post by robgee »

LouiseH77 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:05 pm Hi everyone
Had red battery light come on on 15th December. Booked into dealership yesterday. They're saying they can't find an issue even though battery was completely dead and the AA had to recover my car to the dealership. Car a 22 Puma ST - still under warranty. Seriously considering rejecting the car and ending my finance agreement.
Car still with dealership - offered no reason as to why battery completely dead.
It might be worth speaking with as they might be able to apply some pressure on the dealership.

Ford Customer Relationship Centre, UK

Phone: 0203 5644444 (option 4)
Email:ukcrc1@ford.com

Opening hours:

Relationship Centre
Monday–Friday 8:00 AM – 20:00PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 17:00PM

Live Chat
Monday to Friday: 8.30 AM - 21.00PM
Saturday: 9.00 AM - 19.30PM

Did you have the car from the same dealership it’s been taken to ?
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I find a quick email to

Socialuk@ford.com can help. They have been great when I’ve needed them.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

Had the battery replaced yesterday during the service. Mentioned the deep sleep mode, dealer confirmed known issue and swapped to a brand new Varta. 1st proper service after the "convenience check". Advised to replace near side front tyre as down to 3.9mm and the disc is scored (probably from a stone), £800 for both. Car is going back Feb/March to replaced by another ST so they can sort that out. I've already replaced a buckled alloy from a pot hole.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

lafforcry wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:52 pm Had the battery replaced yesterday during the service. Mentioned the deep sleep mode, dealer confirmed known issue and swapped to a brand new Varta. 1st proper service after the "convenience check". Advised to replace near side front tyre as down to 3.9mm and the disc is scored (probably from a stone), £800 for both. Car is going back Feb/March to replaced by another ST so they can sort that out. I've already replaced a buckled alloy from a pot hole.
Not sure what your saying here. When you say both I assume that's one tyre and a "Pair" of new brake discs left and right? You must always replace brake discs as a pair. PP you have the Performance pack, is that right? then make sure they fit a Pilot Sport 4S "FP" tyre and not some close alternative.
I recently replaced the REAR brake discs on my ST myself, not a massively difficult job at a cost of just over £200 (if I remember correctly) for the set. Whilst discounted for Ford parts by 10% with my Ford service plan.
The front discs as a set will be a lot more than what I paid I for the rears I would guess. So what about the brake pads? If the disc is scored then so its very likely the pad will also be damaged? Perhaps you should ask / query that.
the radman

Post by the radman »

edited as duplicate post for some reason :lol:
Last edited by the radman on Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the radman

Post by the radman »

why would you want to replace a tyre thats only half worn? assumings its 3.9mm across the tread and not worn down a lot more elsewhere?
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

3.9mm is probably another 6/10 thousand miles left on it. Couple of mine are down to that after 2 years and 12000 miles.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 762

I'm not replacing the discs or the tyre.
I did say the car is going back in Feb/March as I have another Puma ST on order.
I was saying that is what they advised......
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

lafforcry wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:29 pm I'm not replacing the discs or the tyre.
I did say the car is going back in Feb/March as I have another Puma ST on order.
I was saying that is what they advised......
Okey dokey... Fair enough. You did but I kinda assumed incorrectly they where giving you another ST during the repairs. What you going for this time round, colour/spec?
Deleted User 762

Same car, Puma ST, desert island blue, pp, dap and hfpt. Once you've experienced these add-ons, it's hard to imagine life without them. Maybe just getting lazy in my old age. Looking forward to getting the Ford Performance Seats, although I do find the Recaro's very comfy.
There's no way I would replace that tyre with 3.9mm on it even if I wasn't getting the new one. I was surprised they mentioned it especially when they said probably need to change it in 3 to 4 months. Like, it's done 12k miles on what 2.6mm if the tyre is 6.5mm new. Not sure where they get their ideas from......