Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I'd like to see the colour pic for comparison.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:57 pm I'd like to see the colour pic for comparison.

Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Radders

Post by Radders »

Vendee wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:22 pm I gave the girl a good clean today and tried out TAC "Shinee Wax". This is a high gloss quick detailing wax spray. You can really feel the slickness after its been applied. My "Magnetic" coloured Puma isn't the best for showing up a gloss finish so I've shot this in b&w to show it off better.
What’s the TAC Shinee Wax like to use, some of the reviews SS it is hard to remove? But does give a high gloss finish??
Thanks
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Radders wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:32 am
Vendee wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:22 pm I gave the girl a good clean today and tried out TAC "Shinee Wax". This is a high gloss quick detailing wax spray. You can really feel the slickness after its been applied. My "Magnetic" coloured Puma isn't the best for showing up a gloss finish so I've shot this in b&w to show it off better.
What’s the TAC Shinee Wax like to use, some of the reviews SS it is hard to remove? But does give a high gloss finish??
Thanks
Well I'll start by saying its the first "quick detailer" I've used. Previously I've been using Gyeon "Wet Coat" every couple of months which is easier to apply and gives longer protection but less gloss.

The Shinee Wax did take longer to apply than I had imagined. I sprayed on to the panel or onto a microfibre cloth for smaller areas. A quick spread with the microfibre then leave for a minute or so before wiping with a clean microfibre. Finally I went round the car again with another clean cloth for a final buff to get a really high gloss. So its certainly not a simple spray on and buff off product. It probably took me 45 minutes to do the entire car but I reckon I'll get that down to 30 minutes next time. I bought it thinking I would be applying it every wash but it might get missed out on those cold winter wash days.
Radders

Post by Radders »

Vendee wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:39 am
Radders wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:32 am
Thanks
Well I'll start by saying its the first "quick detailer" I've used. Previously I've been using Gyeon "Wet Coat" every couple of months which is easier to apply and gives longer protection but less gloss.

The Shinee Wax did take longer to apply than I had imagined. I sprayed on to the panel or onto a microfibre cloth for smaller areas. A quick spread with the microfibre then leave for a minute or so before wiping with a clean microfibre. Finally I went round the car again with another clean cloth for a final buff to get a really high gloss. So its certainly not a simple spray on and buff off product. It probably took me 45 minutes to do the entire car but I reckon I'll get that down to 30 minutes next time. I bought it thinking I would be applying it every wash but it might get missed out on those cold winter wash days.
Thanks for the feedback, I currently use wet coat, which is a great quick no hassle protection, but as you say the extra effort of the shinee wax does look good, but wouldn’t call it quick, I also use poorboys hard wax which probably takes about the same 30-40mins, may invest in some TAC for the gloss appearance every so often.
Yox

Post by Yox »

First decent wash after 2 months & 3000 miles.

856D5506-D53A-4638-A52D-C9EDD73E9343.jpeg

41F1E471-900F-496B-A03A-0DCF602195FE.jpeg

67527852-90BA-473A-8860-6018FD2C1BC4.jpeg

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Fingers crossed the weather stays fine for a few days so you can enjoy it clean....Looks good.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Yox

Post by Yox »

Sparks wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:59 pm Fingers crossed the weather stays fine for a few days so you can enjoy it clean....Looks good.
Ha thanks I doubt it but I’d been looking forward to a good clean for a while
Yox

Post by Yox »

Vendee wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:16 am
Rizmo wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:57 pm I'd like to see the colour pic for comparison.

That looks amazing
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Yox wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:05 pm
Vendee wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:16 am

That looks amazing
Thanks. It does take a bit of effort but it doesn't get that treatment every time. The thing is that when you do make the effort every 3rd wash say, it makes it easier to shift the dirt on the "in between" washes.