Car cleaning and valeting discussion

The place to discuss everything else..
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

lightfoot wrote: ↑Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:42 pm
Sparks wrote: ↑Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:55 am Why haven't these reached these shores yet????

My local water authority, would be horrified to see that. πŸ’¦
Probably like the IMO set ups that recycle the water, so they should be happy.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

lightfoot wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 1:41 pm
Rizmo wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 1:15 pm
How much are AutoGlym paying you :D
Having just been directed here via a link in a currently active thread...this is a brilliant comment and was my first thought too. :lol:
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Today was the day the old girl got her winter prep detailing. First off was the Bilt Hamber "Touchless" snow foam. Then the car and wheels were sprayed with an iron fallout remover (that stuff stinks). Then a hand wash with a powerful decon shampoo followed by a good old hand polish (not wax). The whole idea is to remove all traces of old sealant and wax so that the base ceramic coating adheres to the paint work. When I say ceramic coating, I don't mean the full blown professional coatings that last 5 years or more. I use a ceramic lite coating that can be applied at home and lasts up to 9 months. I do mine spring and autumn just to be sure. The product I use is TacSystems Moonlight but there a couple of similar products. Next wash I'll also apply a spray coating which enhances the gloss and adds more protection. It was a long day and I'm ready for a drink now.

Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Looks like a job well done. 8-)
You earned that drink. :D
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

Wish I had a driveway πŸ˜”πŸ˜­
2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Nice job! Car looks great.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
KevC

Post by KevC »

Wilto wrote: ↑Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:25 am Wish I had a driveway πŸ˜”πŸ˜­
You can get a cordless jetwasher from Worx. Admittedly not as powerful as a proper powered one but good enough if you only have a parking bay (like me!). There's also a reasonably good USB charged cordless snowfoamer by carbon collective. Not perfect but they do the job of keeping it tidy.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

My missus wouldn't be happy if I pulled the garden hose through the house to use it in the street out front. Oh the joys of living in a terraced house.
2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Wilto wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:11 am My missus wouldn't be happy if I pulled the garden hose through the house to use it in the street out front. Oh the joys of living in a terraced house.
Would it be possible to plumb in an outside tap at the front? I guess that wouldn't work if your house opens directly onto the pavement.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
KevC

Post by KevC »

Wilto wrote: ↑Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:11 am My missus wouldn't be happy if I pulled the garden hose through the house to use it in the street out front. Oh the joys of living in a terraced house.
I run the Worx one from a 20L water container. My parking space is 100m from my flat so no water or power supply.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!