Door dirt ingress.

All Ford Puma related discussions
bunjo19

Post by bunjo19 »

hi old post i no any body else fitted the rubber that col1948 fitted i was going to try they are 56 pound delivered now for 2 1 metre lenght

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hang my head in same....I still haven't done anything about it...It's just one of those jobs that kept getting put off for a nice day and when the nice day came there were better things to do. :oops: :oops:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Search eBay and Amazon, loads of choices and some of which is reasonably priced.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
MadTruckeer

Post by MadTruckeer »

Sparks wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:48 pm Hang my head in same....I still haven't done anything about it...It's just one of those jobs that kept getting put off for a nice day and when the nice day came there were better things to do. :oops: :oops:
Afternoon Sparks, just reading through this "old post" did ya manage to put ya door seals on yet?
I've got Nov 2023 build and the "new" seals are on the rear wheel arches very similar to what col1984 did...that certainly cuts down on dirty rear doors!!
Had a look at front ingress....mmmm....seems that none of the skirt/sill/door mouldings/wheel arch panels are actually sealed/touching each other therefore leaving lotsa gaps for water to penetrate interior panels.
Does make sense to anyone...lol!
But like you say fairweather job,or garage time.
Ford Puma 1.0 EcoBoost Hybrid mHEV 155 Vivid Ruby Ed 5dr DCT
Standard =Winter pack,powered tailgate, park assist,B&O,Wireless charger,Auto cruise control.....
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

MadTruckeer wrote: ↑Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:54 pm
Sparks wrote: ↑Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:48 pm Hang my head in same....I still haven't done anything about it...It's just one of those jobs that kept getting put off for a nice day and when the nice day came there were better things to do. :oops: :oops:
Afternoon Sparks, just reading through this "old post" did ya manage to put ya door seals on yet?
I've got Nov 2023 build and the "new" seals are on the rear wheel arches very similar to what col1984 did...that certainly cuts down on dirty rear doors!!
Had a look at front ingress....mmmm....seems that none of the skirt/sill/door mouldings/wheel arch panels are actually sealed/touching each other therefore leaving lotsa gaps for water to penetrate interior panels.
Does make sense to anyone...lol!
But like you say fairweather job,or garage time.
Nope.....Didn't get around to it and still have the seals and still awaiting a decent day.....
I did post in this thread....viewtopic.php?t=2683 and still hang my head in shame.... :oops: The thread shows people are still doing it... 8-)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
UbF

Post by UbF »

i'll be fitting the ones linked from sealsdirect when they turn up, the amount of built up crud in that rear door area is hilarious.
2023 ST Line X 125 MHEV Automatic
UbF

Post by UbF »

They stopped making it for private purchase, trade bulk purchase now only. Ordered something else, will fit that and see.
2023 ST Line X 125 MHEV Automatic
MadTruckeer

Post by MadTruckeer »

Rizmo wrote: ↑Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:57 pm Col1948, have your door seals been effective.
Evening all sorry to bump..but Col1948 were the "extra" door seals ,not the wheel arch seals , useful in stopping the dirt getting in??
Standard =Winter pack,powered tailgate, park assist,B&O,Wireless charger,Auto cruise control.....
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

MadTruckeer wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:48 pm
Rizmo wrote: ↑Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:57 pm Col1948, have your door seals been effective.
Evening all sorry to bump..but Col1948 were the "extra" door seals ,not the wheel arch seals , useful in stopping the dirt getting in??
He hasn't posted for more than 2 years so not much chance of an answer.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
MadTruckeer

Post by MadTruckeer »

Rizmo wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:15 pm
MadTruckeer wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:48 pm
He hasn't posted for more than 2 years so not much chance of an answer.
Just my luck..thanks Rizmo.
My Vivid Ruby had the rear arch seals already ftd which does keep out most of the dirt, but very dirty on front doors bottom of door & front pillar/sill!!
Looking to fit mudguards... front at least!??