Rain Sensing wipers.

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
stevek1909

Post by stevek1909 »

I’ve got this odd problem with the rain sensing wipers they’ve decided to stay on warp speed even when it’s just light rain I do believe they are speed sensitive as well but even when I’m stopping they remain on the ridiculous speed looks like they are going to fly off the screen... I’ve tried changing the intermittent switch but they stay the same obviously I’ve checked it’s in the right setting but nothing so I’ve decided to turn of the rain sensing option.... anyone else having this issue or ideas what it could be. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🌧☔️
Ford Puma ST2 Gold Edition ...Agate Black/Build Date 14.2.2022

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Looks like a problem with the sensor in the windscreen. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure the area on the windscreen that sits over the sensor is not damaged or inhibited in some way.
I'd get the dealer to check it out personally, rather than trying to mess around with the sensor.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I have this issue now and again. If it's fine rain or drizzle I switch rain sensing off and have the wipers set at standard intermittent.

Hopefully a fix is as simple as getting your sensor calibrated. It's the first time I've read of this, so not a common fault.
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

I've got this also and on my previous French vehicle too, maybe use the same rubbish sensor? I Usually do what Wdf76 says.

I have a windscreen replacement on the 31st December 2020, so lets see if that resolves it but very much doubt it.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
pfosterg111

Post by pfosterg111 »

I have the problem with intermittent wipers too. Seems to wipe OK on the constant wipers. It just goes faster and faster and doesn't stop even when the car is stationery when on intermittent.. I also have a fault with the blower. Only works on max a/c. Big problem in winter when heat in the car and on the windiws is required. Just booked into dealer for investigation. Hoping its something really straightforward to fix. 1.0l ecoboost ST Line
mirrormask

Post by mirrormask »

The problem I had was that the wipers didn't seem to be able to detect light rain on the windscreen. They started up eventually, but by that time I couldn't see anything due to rain droplets. So one of the first adjustments I made was to turn the auto-sense firmly off. Please stop trying to help me, car.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0L EcoBoost mHEV 92KW/125PS Lucid Red Nov 2020
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I'm one of these owners who if it's on the car it should work correctly whether it's used or not. There is the sell on factor as well. Second hand buyers like stuff to work also. I know I would expect it.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I’ve mentioned before that the rain sensors or pretty poor. I live with it but the sensor is nowhere near as good as my Focus 3.5 was. I’m always fiddling with them to try and get the right speed.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
paulv

Post by paulv »

totally agree, can't seem to get a decent rhythm
no change there so my wife tells me :)
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
fourwheels

Post by fourwheels »

Hi there
Finally received my Puma ST Line 155ps on 18/2/22 (ordered 21/9/21). Not driven it much yet but like it so far and feel lucky to have received it as I can see people are still awaiting their cars - it will be worth the wait. Could do with some advice from the knowledgeable people on this site - I don’t appear to have automatic rain sensing wipers even though it still details them as being standard on my model on the Ford website. I know that the spec is subject to change but I haven’t seen any similar issues - perhaps you know differently? I have looked at the manual for my model and am none the wiser as it shows instructions for both manual and auto versions