Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Screenshot_20220623-220305_FordPass Pro.jpg

It shows both the locations of your mobile and your car πŸ‘
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:03 pm shows both the locations of your mobile and your car πŸ‘
That's weird...It only shows the car on mine. Not sure why it would show the phone, I know where that is when looking at it... ;) :D
Edit:- I forgot I turned of location permission on the phone... Found them both now. Still not sure why I need to find the phone.... :?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Word on Facebook is that the connectivity issues are so great that supply of new cars is being suspended, until the situation can be resolved.
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Sparks wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 pm
BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:03 pm shows both the locations of your mobile and your car πŸ‘
That's weird...It only shows the car on mine. Not sure why it would show the phone, I know where that is when looking at it... ;) :D
Edit:- I forgot I turned of location permission on the phone... Found them both now. Still not sure why I need to find the phone.... :?
Might be because you use the app to remotely operate securialert and check status of your door locks (great for all us old f@rts😲😁)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:38 am
Sparks wrote: ↑Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:53 pm
Might be because you use the app to remotely operate securialert and check status of your door locks (great for all us old f@rts😲😁)
I actually have Securialert turned off...It's just annoying....I don't view the Ford Pass app that often and if I need to view anything I use the Pro version as it's better laid out.
If it disappeared tomorrow I'd be no worse off.. ;) :D
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

@Sparks, agreed, it's now lost so much of it's functionality it's pretty much redundant now, on a side note it's only on my fp pro app that identifies both locations on the fp app it only shows car location ☹️
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:45 pm @Sparks, agreed, it's now lost so much of it's functionality it's pretty much redundant now, on a side note it's only on my fp pro app that identifies both locations on the fp app it only shows car location ☹️
Yep, figured it was just on the Pro when checking both.
Having looked through mine, all the functions they said are going are still working in Pro, including map.
Since the last update in FP the map has stopped working, but, everything else is working.
Have you updated FP and if so, is map location still working for you?
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Screenshot_20220624-143936_FordPass.jpg

Sparks wrote: ↑Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:35 pm
BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:45 pm @Sparks, agreed, it's now lost so much of it's functionality it's pretty much redundant now, on a side note it's only on my fp pro app that identifies both locations on the fp app it only shows car location ☹️
Yep, figured it was just on the Pro when checking both.
Having looked through mine, all the functions they said are going are still working in Pro, including map.
Since the last update in FP the map has stopped working, but, everything else is working.
Have you updated FP and if so, is map location still working for you?
Yes just checked I updated it earlier this morning just a matter of time I suppose, can you access service history on the Pro app, I can't see it, just got an email from the dealer with a copy of my PDI, not bad a year on eh! still not showing up on the fp app but it's better than nothing I suppose πŸ™‚
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I've updated FP and FP Pro and the car location is showing accurately on both.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Nope FP map is not working now but FP Pro is....I'm going to leave it now, as I say, it's rarely looked at as it has little useful information within it.
Thanks for checking chaps.... :D

OK Edit.......As I was shutting it all down I just checked the settings and device location (in app) was turned off, Turned it on again in the app and it all came back.
So seems like FP only tracks the phone not the vehicle and Pro tracks both giving different locations. No wonder people are confused about where their cars are..... :lol: