Android auto volume

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I'm experimenting with something at the moment, if it works I'll get back, probably Wednesday.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Sparks wrote: ↑Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:58 pm I'm experimenting with something at the moment, if it works I'll get back, probably Wednesday.
Well I've tried the phone approach using developer options and nothing I've tried works.
However, in the Toyota my wife drives there is a setting in the head unit that controls the volume required.
So, it's definitely a Ford issue as far as I can see and nothing to do with the phones, which is what I suspected as for everyone it reverts back to level 6.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ok...So, if you use Waze instead of Google maps you can control the volume via the Waze settings. I've had mine on all day with no problems and just about audible on the Ford preset volume 6.
What you lose is any directions showing on the centre dashboard...
May be helpful if you have a baby on board asleep... :D
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Sparks wrote: ↑Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:34 pm Ok...So, if you use Waze instead of Google maps you can control the volume via the Waze settings. I've had mine on all day with no problems and just about audible on the Ford preset volume 6.
Cracking. I have Waze downloaded, I'll.give it a try tomorrow. Have made it to North Italy. Couple more days of travelling so plenty to go
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

seyahremmus wrote: ↑Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:21 pm
Sparks wrote: ↑Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:34 pm Ok...So, if you use Waze instead of Google maps you can control the volume via the Waze settings. I've had mine on all day with no problems and just about audible on the Ford preset volume 6.
Cracking. I have Waze downloaded, I'll.give it a try tomorrow. Have made it to North Italy. Couple more days of travelling so plenty to go
I know it's a long drive, but bet it has it's ups...
In Waze settings, look in Voice and Sound. There's a 'Guidance volume' slider. You can also turn on 'Brief instructions', not tried that but should keep the interruptions to a minimum as well.
Good luck...
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Sparks wrote: ↑Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:47 pm
In Waze settings, look in Voice and Sound. There's a 'Guidance volume' slider. You can also turn on 'Brief instructions', not tried that but should keep the interruptions to a minimum as well.
Good luck...
Oh it definitely does. Swiss Alps Tues/Weds and now in Lake Como area :)
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

seyahremmus wrote: ↑Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:24 am
Sparks wrote: ↑Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:47 pm

Good luck...
Oh it definitely does. Swiss Alps Tues/Weds and now in Lake Como area :)
Jealous....Not.. :cry: Let us know how you get on with the volume...
AncientOne

Post by AncientOne »

So basically the option, if you don't want bleeding ears, is not to use fords navigation system :roll: Anyone else think that is a bit naff. I've turn voice navigation off, but I think I am missing out on speed camera alerts (not that I ever break the speed limit) it is just good to know that I entering a safety zoneπŸ˜‡
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

AncientOne wrote: ↑Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:49 pm So basically the option, if you don't want bleeding ears, is not to use fords navigation system :roll: Anyone else think that is a bit naff. I've turn voice navigation off, but I think I am missing out on speed camera alerts (not that I ever break the speed limit) it is just good to know that I entering a safety zoneπŸ˜‡
Not sure why you would use the Ford navigation system in the first place, because it's a bit (possibly a lot) naff in it's entirety. Use Android Auto (subject of the thread) and select Waze as the navigation app and you can control the volume.
TheConsultant

Post by TheConsultant »

Just to clarify, are you guys referring to the "prompt" volume setting on the Sync3 headunit? This is what Android Auto uses to playback instructions from navigation apps, at least on mine.

I have the issue that the prompt/navigation volume defaults to 7 with every single turn. You turn down the volume and then at the very next instruction or junction, sometimes just a few seconds later, it comes back on at volume 7.

This happens with the built-in nav as well as Android Auto because both use the "prompt" volume control, not the normal media volume control.

Is this what you folks are referring to in this thread?