Forscan / APIM Modifications

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Markyb

Post by Markyb »

SSCosRS wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:45 am Just finding out about Forscan. How does it work and what do I need in terms of soft/hardware to use it. Any help gratefully accepted.
https://forscan.org/home.html
Puma ST Agate Black. Dark Wheels. 8-)

robgee

Post by robgee »

Seems to work best on a Windows Laptop with USB OBD connector , i brought mine from https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_OBDLINKEX.html

I haven't played with it for a few months but will see if they are any major changes later this week. Obviously that i would always back up my configuration before making any changes , but you should always be able to get the factory build settings from https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Could someone do a full PID read from the BCM and PCM and upload in CSV format here please. tia
robgee

Post by robgee »

Chocky wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:16 pm Could someone do a full PID read from the BCM and PCM and upload in CSV format here please. tia
Wouldn't it be easier to download your build file from https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt and them manipulate it ?
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Build file is the config settings. I'm looking for the dynamic PID information to try and interpret.
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

For those who have a laptop and Forscan rolling, do you know if the 12V socket on the boot could be set to stay always on, instead of being temporarily active?
Thank you
Pbirdman

Post by Pbirdman »

Hi guys apologies if theres multiple of these topics around

What legit changes has anyone made using FORSCAN that actually function correctly and work

#1: So far all I have is changed the Splash Screen to Vignale to represent my actual model (so im not actually lying there -- I would use the ST splash as that is probably the best but my car is not a ST)
#2: Enabled Auto Lock (shows on the Sync3 and works) - I know many people have beef with it and I know it not essential but hey I like tech and well its a workable feature so I wanted it
#3: Enabled the Heated steering Wheel button on the Home Page

I know you can put the Climate Control up there and it works (although I haven't done it myself yet) - not sure what to enable yet to do it

I have enabled a few things that dont function obviously as it is missing either modules or actual hardware
I unlocked Auto Hold / Advanced Traction Control / Downhill Assist / Adaptive Headlights all show but are greyed out
I unlocked the Ambient Light control menu but again it looked cool but sadly as there is probably no module controlling the lights so I disabled it again

I have tried accessing some cool stuff like custom gauges etc but nothing showed up also Silent Control Function and Moodlight control function - again nothing showing anywhere
Also have enabled ECO mode for the time being and Auto Air Refresh to see if these kind of do something -- I suspect the Air Refresh won't do owt as I think it requires sensors to detect air quality and I can only assume my car doesnt have them -- Im pretty sure it's an F150 option

Anyone try anything or got anything extra to work --- so far i'm only working with non AS Build options as it's easier to understand
Ford Puma Vignale Magnetic 155bhp Manuel - Panoramic Roof + Drivers Pack + Power Tailgate + Spare Tyre
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Nice list....Not something I personally would do, but I know there are many out there who are itching to give it a go.
@Rob/Robgee Might be a good idea to give Forscan it's own section?? It could have what equipment needed and a get started sticky (Obviously with the appropriate warnings).
Anyway, good luck with the experimenting. :D 8-)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

There is already a Forscan area under technical so moving to there..
puma22

Post by puma22 »

I have put Climate Control on my sync 3 with forscan and all the fans temp ect all work, but the voice command will not it just tell me to use the button on the the screen . Dose some one know what i have missed as the puma - st is not the same as you see in the fiesta st on forscan Thanks in advance.