Forscan / APIM Modifications

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I would like the auto door lock option, It's something I've had on previous cars and it makes me happier to drive through cities and big towns as I've had issues in the past. Alas, I'm a little old to be messing with the ODB link and I'm sure the dealer will not be cheap. My car description is below.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Is there a way round my previous post to activate the auto lock feature without resorting to forscan.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Thrillhouse

Post by Thrillhouse »

Has anyone got a way to turn off the seat belt reminder when you get in the car. Not the chimes as such but the little pop up on the dash that comes up that turns your seat into a tick mark when you plug your seatbelt in? Find it slows down the dash loading too much when I turn the car on
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Press the middle button, seat belt sign goes off right away.
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Rizmo wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:15 pm Is there a way round my previous post to activate the auto lock feature without resorting to forscan.
Did you ever get an answer to this? Interested if its possible.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not sure it's possible as it's a safety feature. I don't really notice it, thumb is pressing the 'OK' button without thinking about it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Tommo56, I never got it sorted, no replies or suggestions. Thing is on one of my previous cars, a top of the range version of the Vauxhall Mokka 2nd gen I did it no problem but can't remember how. I'll try the Mokka forum for a possible answer.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Tommo56, I don't believe there's anyway to activate it without forscan. It's an easy switch on though, maybe you could find someone local to you who has forscan who can do this instead of forking out for a decent cable :-)
I wouldn't be without the feature, I don't like sitting in traffic with everything unlocked. Yes I know you can lock doors manually but I think it's a good feature. The arguement has always been they won't auto unlock in an emergency....well it takes a few seconds to break a window to gain access if needed by the emergency services so I wouldn't let that put you off.
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It surely wouldn't affect your insurance cover. It's not standard on the Puma so insurance companies might not like it so maybe worth a check.
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

Just finding out about Forscan. How does it work and what do I need in terms of soft/hardware to use it. Any help gratefully accepted.
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual