Forscan / APIM Modifications

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Pbirdman

Post by Pbirdman »

Can't say I use Voice control at all so I haven't tested it with CC but I will give a go soon and see what happens in mine.

Incidentally I have now added Heated Seat icons to the Home screen aswell as the Heated Steering Wheel - all work fine
Also I finally got the Silent Mode option to appear on the screen and it also works fine
I also enabled the DRL on/off option.

These extras I have put on although I don't really need them/or ever use them I still want them on there as it's an option and should I need to use these options in some nieche moment then it's there to be used plus it looks cool having these options on there

Still wandering if Police Dark Mode is different to silent mode and if so has anyone got it to work?
Also what is Moodlight Mode and same has anyone got it to work??
Ford Puma Vignale Magnetic 155bhp Manuel - Panoramic Roof + Drivers Pack + Power Tailgate + Spare Tyre

robgee

Post by robgee »

Haven’t really played with Forscan on the new car, are CC, heated seats and heated steering wheel are they just options under Forscan or do you have to manual edit the codes ?
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
puma22

Post by puma22 »

They come up in the list when you run apim with forscan
simonr23

Post by simonr23 »

I’ve added intelligent cruise to my car. Plus auto door locking when driving.

I’m trying to disable auto stop/start, but haven’t worked it out yet.

Any ideas on how to elegantly do this?
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

simonr23 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:08 am I’ve added intelligent cruise to my car. Plus auto door locking when driving.

I’m trying to disable auto stop/start, but haven’t worked it out yet.

Any ideas on how to elegantly do this?
Could disabling stop/start void the warranty. I would not be surprised.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
puma22

Post by puma22 »

I did see stop start in the list just disable it's .or wate for the battery to get older and it will stop doing till you get new battery . But a lot of places your go Will fine you if you don't stop you car at lights ect now ??
Deleted User 2121

Post by Deleted User 2121 »

By disabling Stop Start not just perhaps the warranty it would also effect the emissions which would mean a MOT failure when due. Also a Dealer Service would pick it up and no doubt a cost would arise for Stop Start to be re installed before the vehicle is released back to the customer. As a note I do not think Stop Start is a legal requirement but Manufacturers use Stop Start to get vehicles through an emissions programme and I personally believe no one on this Forum should advise how to remove something that is a vehicle requirement. Shoot me down if stating this has offended anyone.
simonr23

Post by simonr23 »

I’m in Australia and for some reason Ford’s stop start is a bit crap.

We don’t have any rules around co2 emissions yet. So no legal issue not having it.

It’s slow to restart when wanting to take off and it stays stopped for too long when it’s hot in the cabin (need aircon on when it’s 30 Celsius and above.

That’s with auto mode on any of the 3 options available, and the temp set to 20 Celsius.
puma22

Post by puma22 »

if i was in Australia i would just press the off all the time button by the hand brake
Deleted User 2121

Post by Deleted User 2121 »

simonr23 Something not right there because I am sure when I was involved designing and developing Stop Start for a manufacturer one of the parameters for whether Stop Start operates or not was the cabin temperature ie if too cold or too hot Stop Start would not operate. Cannot remember what temperatures we actually used but I think we would have used temperatures which would have been comfortable for all markets where the vehicle was to be sold.