Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Rays1 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:38 pm
Wowzz wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:26 am I'm on F10, but everytime I check for updates the screen message tells me I'm up to date. Fortunately I have an AA Road Atlas more up to date than my sat nav !
What is telling you your up to date? Ford Website or on your Sync screen?
What is you current Sync version. Without Sync 3.4 ver 23188 you cannot update maps to F12.
You appear to be two steps behind.
Thanks for your reply. My sync screen tells me I am up to date.
I have no idea about what sync version I have. I have, however, contacted Ford, and got a prompt reply about needing a usb memory stick, unzipping it (?) and so forth, all of which means absolutely nothing to me. Could not my Ford deaier not just give me a usb that I can use. Why can I not update to the latest sync version using my wifi connection ?
Life was so much easier with my Garmin sat nav, which I just plugged into my laptop and it automatically updated.
Sorry to vent, but it all seems overly complicated.
Titanium 125, Solar Silver

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wowzz wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:37 pm
Wowzz wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:26 am I'm on F10, but everytime I check for updates the screen message tells me I'm up to date. Fortunately I have an AA Road Atlas more up to date than my sat nav !
What is you current Sync version. Without Sync 3.4 ver 23188 you cannot update maps to F12.
I have no idea about what sync version I have. I have, however, contacted Ford, and got a prompt reply about needing a usb memory stick, unzipping it (?) and so forth, all of which means absolutely nothing to me. Could not my Ford deaier not just give me a usb that I can use. Why can I not update to the latest sync version using my wifi connection ?
Life was so much easier with my Garmin sat nav, which I just plugged into my laptop and it automatically updated.
OK, just look in the settings menu of the sync screen, go to General and scroll down to 'About Sync', tap that and let us know what version it says you have. It'll tell you the maps version also.
Although your screen is saying it's up to date, it isn't necessarily.
Once you let us know what version you are running we can walk you through an update...You can update via WiFi, but it's hit and miss and takes a long time.
As for another Nav system, you could plug your phone in and use Android Auto Google maps which is excellent.
Ford have always said 'In case of difficulty contact your dealer' but, the dealers aren't keen on doing it.
In the meantime go to this website https://www.ford.co.uk/support/sync-map ... ions/sync/ and enter your VIN....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Sparks wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:54 pm
Wowzz wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:37 pm
OK, just look in the settings menu of the sync screen, go to General and scroll down to 'About Sync', tap that and let us know what version it says you have. It'll tell you the maps version also.
Although your screen is saying it's up to date, it isn't necessarily.
Once you let us know what version you are running we can walk you through an update...You can update via WiFi, but it's hit and miss and takes a long time.
As for another Nav system, you could plug your phone in and use Android Auto Google maps which is excellent.
Ford have always said 'In case of difficulty contact your dealer' but, the dealers aren't keen on doing it.
In the meantime go to this website https://www.ford.co.uk/support/sync-map ... ions/sync/ and enter your VIN....
Thanks for your help - much appreciated.
According to my screen I have Maps Version F10, and having gone to the Ford website it is telling me that I am running SYNC version 3. 4.22110 and that the avaikabke update is 3.4.23188.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

OK. You are definitely not up to date. You have to update the Sync version before it will let you update the maps.
You will need a USB memory stick formatted to ex.fat 32. (don't worry about this, just get a memory stick the formatting is easy on a PC)
Then from the ford site you just download the files they give you and unzip them to the stick. Just download the files to your PC/Laptop and then we can go from there.
If you want to freewheel it all the instructions are there on the Ford site you just checked.
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Sparks wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:09 pm OK. You are definitely not up to date. You have to update the Sync version before it will let you update the maps.
You will need a USB memory stick formatted to ex.fat 32. (don't worry about this, just get a memory stick the formatting is easy on a PC)
Then from the ford site you just download the files they give you and unzip them to the stick. Just download the files to your PC/Laptop and then we can go from there.
If you want to freewheel it all the instructions are there on the Ford site you just checked.
Thanks Sparks. I use a tablet, so before I even begin I will need to buy an adaptor in order to use a memory stick. I do have a laptop stuck in the attic somewhere, but as it is over 10 years old, God only knows what programmes it is running.
Given that I rarely have need of the Sat Nav anyway, I think I will just carry on as before. I can always put my Luddite hat on and use my trusty Atlas if required.
Once again, thanks for attempting to help me out. That's a couple of pints I owe you.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wowzz wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:36 pm
Sparks wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:09 pm OK. You are definitely not up to date. You have to update the Sync version before it will let you update the maps.
Thanks Sparks. I use a tablet, so before I even begin I will need to buy an adaptor in order to use a memory stick. I do have a laptop stuck in the attic somewhere, but as it is over 10 years old, God only knows what programmes it is running.
Given that I rarely have need of the Sat Nav anyway, I think I will just carry on as before. I can always put my Luddite hat on and use my trusty Atlas if required.
Once again, thanks for attempting to help me out. That's a couple of pints I owe you.
Children or Grandchildren are the best source for tech help... :lol:
See if someone will let you use their equipment to download it. I don't mind sharing my pints.. :D
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Hi , does anyone have the files for the Sync 3.4 ver 23188 update ?
i can't get it to work , thanks in advance
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
robgee

Post by robgee »

PaulD wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:48 pm Hi , does anyone have the files for the Sync 3.4 ver 23188 update ?
Is the web site not offering the files for you ? I think I still have the files on a PC at home but that’s not a lot of good for you as you still need to get them on a usb stick .
I will look later when back at home to see what I have but you can always get the files via the cyanlabs as they have built an application that eases the update method.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Wowzz wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:36 pm
Put your general location up (not exact - that can be done privately) and someone might help and download the files for you as per Sparks suggestion. They do anything for free drinks around here 😁😆🍺🍺🍺🍺
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

robgee wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:19 pm
PaulD wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:48 pm Hi , does anyone have the files for the Sync 3.4 ver 23188 update ?
Is the web site not offering the files for you ? I think I still have the files on a PC at home but that’s not a lot of good for you as you still need to get them on a usb stick .
I will look later when back at home to see what I have but you can always get the files via the cyanlabs as they have built an application that eases the update method.
Hi Rob , a couple off weeks ago the site said to go to the dealers for the update wich i didn,t do
but now there was a maps update and it was just 49kb .
i tried it anyway , but it didn't work as to be expected .
btw sorry for the late response !!
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....