Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

Sounds a bit of a rip off just to update sync. It still sounds like something is going wrong on the download , I take it your getting it from the Ford site ?

I will see if I can find a link to get the instructions but have noticed Ford have updated there web site recently.

I will look tomorrow when I am by a PC

This is the link for the ford guide
https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/gux ... -Guide.pdf
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

Dave 7

Post by Dave 7 »

Catherine, I had the same problem as you but successfully unzipped it using 7-Zip. It threw up an error about unexpected ending but files were fine.

https://www.7-zip.org/
John34077

Post by John34077 »

I have just downloaded the latest update 23188 again to check if it is still the same as the one I downloaded last year and the size is slightly bigger. When I try to unzip it I too get an error saying there are no files in it. The old 23188 unzips fine . So they have done something to the download that breaks it.
ST Line 1.0 Auto Solar Silver. Park Pack, Electric Tailgate, EATC, Spare Wheel
Ordered late August 21, delivered March 15 2022.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

£170 to do an update???? Contact Ford CRC and complain..... An update doesn't even take them any time, unless they are dumb enough to sit in the car until it's done. I think I'd be very loud in the service department... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Catherine DJ wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:47 pm Hi robgee, hi Sparks. Thanks for your input but... I tried again just now and still the same message. I am trying to avoid going to the Ford garage (Perrys in Aylesbury is far away and pretty useless) as they want to charge me £170 to carry out the update. If there is anyone who has overcome a similar problem I'd love to hear from them. Nice to be part of this forum.
I'm pleased you named and shamed the dealer. Others on the forum can avoid. Complain to Ford and it's best by email. Response is good.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
GAB

Post by GAB »

I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer, however I updated my car this week with the latest sync software download using the USB method and received the update complete message and the car is showing the latest version. When I uploaded the log file to the Ford website it appeared to upload but at the end there was a message which said something like the log file had not registered correctly on the system and would be done by a Ford engineer.

I checked back today and on my Ford account under the Sync Updates it now shows "Software Updates Disabled" so I now cannot do anything else including the Map updates. Can anyone advise? If not I guess it will be another trip the dealer.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Take some pics and a video if possible before you visit the dealer. Makes it so much easier to explain.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
robgee

Post by robgee »

GAB wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:51 pm I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer, however I updated my car this week with the latest sync software download using the USB method and received the update complete message and the car is showing the latest version. When I uploaded the log file to the Ford website it appeared to upload but at the end there was a message which said something like the log file had not registered correctly on the system and would be done by a Ford engineer.

I checked back today and on my Ford account under the Sync Updates it now shows "Software Updates Disabled" so I now cannot do anything else including the Map updates. Can anyone advise? If not I guess it will be another trip the dealer.
This happens a lot, it’s because the Ford servers don’t except the update log file. When it happened to me I just emailed ukcrc1@ford.com and they eventually fixed it.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
KevC

Post by KevC »

Be prepared to wait 3-4 weeks for it to be sorted out.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Dave 7 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:15 am Catherine, I had the same problem as you but successfully unzipped it using 7-Zip. It threw up an error about unexpected ending but files were fine.

https://www.7-zip.org/
Not sure why your using 7-zip. If you have a windows pc , you would simply right click on the file and select "extract" (to create a same name file - unzipped)
Last edited by Rays1 on Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.