Sync software update !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Just noticed a new (at least new to me) file appear on the Ford Sync update website page for my ST.
Map_9484549775_update. 8.8Gb
On extraction and on opening the autoinstall file [.lst] it suggests it is a F12 map "upgrade"
Anyone aware or has anyone tried to install it?
(I have already successfully installed F12 maps a while back now, this by the look of it is telling me I have another map update?)

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Just checked and there is nothing new on mine..
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Sparks wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:42 pm Just checked and there is nothing new on mine..
Hmmm I wonder if it depends on when F12 was originally installed and where?
Then again I remember in the past there was an another 8gb update that in the end did nothing other than to simply error out.
I have it ready to try, on a flash drive and when the weekend uk storm passes I will give it a go.
It definitely suggests it is compatible with Sync 3.4 ver 23188.
Promise to report back.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Rays1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:14 pm
Sparks wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:42 pm Just checked and there is nothing new on mine..
Hmmm I wonder if it depends on when F12 was originally installed and where?
Then again I remember in the past there was an another 8gb update that in the end did nothing other than to simply error out.
I have it ready to try, on a flash drive and when the weekend uk storm passes I will give it a go.
It definitely suggests it is compatible with Sync 3.4 ver 23188.
Promise to report back.
Mine is the same as Sparks, no updates for anything. Think I installed the F12 maps last October.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
GAB

Post by GAB »

Thanks @robgee I’ll try emailing them and hope they can sort it out
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Rays1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:10 pm Just noticed a new (at least new to me) file appear on the Ford Sync update website page for my ST.
Map_9484549775_update. 8.8Gb
On extraction and on opening the autoinstall file [.lst] it suggests it is a F12 map "upgrade"
Anyone aware or has anyone tried to install it?
(I have already successfully installed F12 maps a while back now, this by the look of it is telling me I have another map update?)
Well I run the update (Map_9484549775_update) today. Appeared to work without an issue, took about 90mins. Sync then reported "1st stage complete. Switch off and restart your engine"
Which I did. Then received the message "Update completed" although it never suggested removing the flash drive and the update didn't provide a log file. My system is still showing, ver 23188 and F12 maps so honestly I have no Idea what was actually installed. The update had 10 tar.gz files on it. So something definitely was. My Sync 3.4 appears to be working ok and reads software updated with today's date on screen.

That said not having removed the flash drive after the install. The system attempted to start the install all over again, only this time a detailed message appeared on screen advising me that the update would take over an hour and would disable certain functions during the update process. Plus it gave me the option to proceeded "Yes" or "No". I selected No and removed the flash drive.
I admit up until now I have never untill seen such useful and detailed message as this appear before. Maybe that's was part of an update improvement?
Puma2002

Post by Puma2002 »

I have also been offered this 8.8gb update to maps, downloaded it ( eventually as I had several download failed messages after an hour of download) put it on a stick, whacked it in the socket. After about 30 seconds I got “ Unsupported device please remove” message. Tried a different usb drive same result. Never had an issue before and been on maps F12 for a few months so not sure what the update could be. The first usb drive is one I have only ever used for the sync and maps updates so no clue why its unsupported now!
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Puma2002 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:46 pm I have also been offered this 8.8gb update to maps, downloaded it ( eventually as I had several download failed messages after an hour of download) put it on a stick, whacked it in the socket. After about 30 seconds I got “ Unsupported device please remove” message. Tried a different usb drive same result. Never had an issue before and been on maps F12 for a few months so not sure what the update could be. The first usb drive is one I have only ever used for the sync and maps updates so no clue why its unsupported now!
Did you ensure the correct format on the flash drive? It must be formatted "exFat".
Puma2002

Post by Puma2002 »

Yes formatted ex fat, never had an issue before so not sure why this time.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Ford update , say i have a sync update ... but i have to go to the dealer for it
Did you guys have that too ?
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....