Reject?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Got my Puma back today, despite them not being able to recreate the buzzing door panel, they’ve padded it out to reduce the buzz. That’s all it did, reduce it. Now, the other panels and the headlining are buzzing.

The only solution as far as I can figure out, is to not listen to music. Okay, it’s selected tracks, mostly Depeche Mode, but should what I listen to, be decided on how much the trim buzzes?

As for the headlamp and possibly misaligned panels, it needs to go to their own Ford approved body shop to see if it is a fault and can be rectified.

So 10 days in the shop so far plus however long they’d want it in the body shop for assessment.

So far, sign recognition camera has been fixed, door seal replaced, panoramic roof seal replaced.

Yet, surround sound can’t be fixed. Scuttle trim doesn’t fit properly. Headlamp sitting proud of bodywork. Both wings sitting proud of the doors. Virtually all interior trim vibrating when playing music.

Is mine a one off? Should all these faults be acceptable?

Is it time to reject the car?
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic

Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Sounds unacceptable to me, I wouldn’t be happy with so many issues and would be pushing for a replacement
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter
robgee

Post by robgee »

How long have you had the car ?

I can understand your pain as still have issues with surround , speed cameras etc though a few niggles have been fixed and it seems Ford CRC have now forgotten about the promises they made.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

What are your rights? Do you know? You have nothing to lose by escalating your claim as far as you can.

Yep I've some issues, but I've just learnt to live with them, so much so that I haven't bothered to book the car in.

Feel for you, take it as far as you can.
Jawmcneill55

Post by Jawmcneill55 »

Ford have a habit of falling short when it comes to sorting problems. The pumas aren't cheap to buy you expect a higher level of quality.

St line x 1st edition +
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

You have diffnetly been unlucky I be looking to reject the car.The build quality don't seem to be as good as when I had my mondeo on these new Ford pumas. Good luck hope you get it sorted.
2bar

Post by 2bar »

I'm in the process rejecting mine due to keep going into "deep sleep mode" and drivers door paint peeling off
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

To try and answer all the points.

Picked up 1st March.

30 days to reject (by which time everyone was in lockdown) 6 months to reject with reduced value owing to wear and tear.

I appreciate the niggles have been fixed, software etc, but it’s clear that panels aren’t fitted properly, plus the interior buzzing. It’s a B&O speaker system, if they knew what their speakers doing, If it were me, I’d be furious. First car I’ve had in 27 years that’s had buzzing interior trim, the Kuga has no issues, coming up to 2 years old now.
And now I find it ridiculous that a body shop needs to examine the car to see “if” it can be fixed. But it shouldn’t even need to go into a body shop.

Think I’ll go visit them tomorrow, see what they have to say.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Spearmint wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:13 pm To try and answer all the points.

Picked up 1st March.

30 days to reject (by which time everyone was in lockdown) 6 months to reject with reduced value owing to wear and tear.

I appreciate the niggles have been fixed, software etc, but it’s clear that panels aren’t fitted properly, plus the interior buzzing. It’s a B&O speaker system, if they knew what their speakers doing, If it were me, I’d be furious. First car I’ve had in 27 years that’s had buzzing interior trim, the Kuga has no issues, coming up to 2 years old now.
And now I find it ridiculous that a body shop needs to examine the car to see “if” it can be fixed. But it shouldn’t even need to go into a body shop.

Think I’ll go visit them tomorrow, see what they have to say.
With regards to 30 days to reject most companies extended this period due to lockdown - I think I already know the answer but might be worth checking if Ford did?

Plus - don’t they only get one chance to fix the problems within the first 6 months? If it’s been back more than once and still has issues maybe you can reject on those grounds?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.carb ... ghts%3famp
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

It’s currently in discussion between Ford customer care and the dealer. Dealer manager is away till Monday so expecting a phone call on Tuesday.

They offered a free service. Till I highlighted the puma’s service interval at which point they offer two services. At which point I mentioned I would have parted with the car after 3 years. Anyway, they know I want to reject the car.

Oh, downloaded a tone generator, headlining buzzes at 42Hz, door buzzes at 60Hz. Have yet to find the sweet spot for the buzz that’s coming from the rear of the car.

I did contact B&O regarding their speakers inside a Ford, said nothing they can do. Best analogy is playing a Steinway inside a garden shed.

Follow up on Tuesday.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic