Brake disc scoring

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Riccardo

Post by Riccardo »

After reading all the comments I checked the discs on my Puma . Car is 10 months old , 3000 miles on the clock. The car is driven most days . Anyway , both rear discs very badly grooved.
Called into the dealership and asked if somebody could have a quick look at the discs . This is when I lost the plot . Quote " receptionist " . There is a 105 pound charge to look at the car and it would have to be booked in . I tried to explain it would take somebody a minute to look at the car , which was right outside . Not getting through so blew up and demanded to speak to the service manager . 1 minute later he agreed the discs shouldn't be like that and will be replaced under warranty .

FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Riccardo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:40 pm After reading all the comments I checked the discs on my Puma . Car is 10 months old , 3000 miles on the clock. The car is driven most days . Anyway , both rear discs very badly grooved.
Called into the dealership and asked if somebody could have a quick look at the discs . This is when I lost the plot . Quote " receptionist " . There is a 105 pound charge to look at the car and it would have to be booked in . I tried to explain it would take somebody a minute to look at the car , which was right outside . Not getting through so blew up and demanded to speak to the service manager . 1 minute later he agreed the discs shouldn't be like that and will be replaced under warranty .
Glad you got it looked at, but terrible had to kick off to get it looked at

I guess look at another dealership, this is why I like my local independent as he will always just pop have a look, but when stuck in a warranty period it is difficult
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Service receptionists are the worst.
Spouting nothing but scripted responses to any question. They have zero knowledge so asking any questions is pointless.
I always ask to speak to the technician now if I have any questions.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Mines just been in this morning to be 'inspected' - went to a different dealer after having a bad experiance with my point of sale dealer.
Didn't fill me with hope when they came back to me after only ten minutes after looking at my car to say they didn't think there was anything wrong....

Would like to think that the pictures here would say different, what is everyone on here thoughts? - did yours look better or worse when you had yours replaced?.
I'm waiting to here back form ford CRC with there reply after the dealership sent there own pictures to ford themselves after this mornings visit....
Begining to think i'll have to ask ford to see these pictures myself to make sure they've sent ones from the right car!!....

IMG_20230313_135510.jpg

IMG_20230313_135451.jpg

ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

i have the same issue , but my dealer tested the brakes and say's it's all within specs .
i don't agree but that doesn't matter i guess.
i have to say it really brakes well and there are no vibrations or noises .
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

l don't agree with them either....just don't know yet where ford themselves are going to go with my claim?....

Mine has a terrible grinding noise which you can here better the slower you are going and the handbrake sticks on. l personally think for all the cars l've had in my life, new and used, this ones go the least effective brakes of them all, they don't fill me with confidence.
Don't know if the damage is causing this or is it a model wide thing with brake force?.
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Helmet wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:05 am l don't agree with them either....just don't know yet where ford themselves are going to go with my claim?....

Mine has a terrible grinding noise which you can here better the slower you are going and the handbrake sticks on. l personally think for all the cars l've had in my life, new and used, this ones go the least effective brakes of them all, they don't fill me with confidence.
Don't know if the damage is causing this or is it a model wide thing with brake force?.
Just an little update for anyone whose interested.... Ford CRC came back to me last night and they said after querying my case, they have agreed, under goodwill, to replace my discs and pads all round!.. was quite surprised to say the least ..but it's nice to know that good will is still there from them to their customers.
This is at complete no charge to me at all and includes free hire of a courtesy car!...
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Helmet wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:18 am
Helmet wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:05 am l don't agree with them either....just don't know yet where ford themselves are going to go with my claim?....

Just an little update for anyone whose interested.... Ford CRC came back to me last night and they said after querying my case, they have agreed, under goodwill, to replace my discs and pads all round!.. was quite surprised to say the least ..but it's nice to know that good will is still there from them to their customers.
This is at complete no charge to me at all and includes free hire of a courtesy car!...
Congrats man !!! .... i just send an email to my dealer with all my compaines ,and told them to never contact me again and i will find a new dealer
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

PaulD wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:28 am

Congrats man !!! .... i just send an email to my dealer with all my compaines ,and told them to never contact me again and i will find a new dealer
Thanks PaulD - would be interested to know if you have contacted Ford themselves via the CRC email and got there opinion or have you just gone with your dealers say so?
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Helmet wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:17 pm
PaulD wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:28 am

Thanks PaulD - would be interested to know if you have contacted Ford themselves via the CRC email and got there opinion or have you just gone with your dealers say so?
No i didn't , but my dealer did ..... i'm thinking about getting rid off my Puma now