Dash cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
chris47

Post by chris47 »

It shouldn't matter if the bolt is directly going to the chassis or not, as long as there is a pathway to ground. Dashcams dont pull huge current, they just need a pathway, so long as its not via thin wires or wires that are critical to something like an airbag.

18ME

Post by 18ME »

For those that had the Ford dashcam fitted did the dealer charge for fitting on top of the £283 the website states. It doesn’t say if that’s the fitted cost or not.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

18ME wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:59 pm For those that had the Ford dashcam fitted did the dealer charge for fitting on top of the £283 the website states. It doesn’t say if that’s the fitted cost or not.
Fitting not included now. That used to be with fitting by the dealer. I remember cos I was very tempted but price put me off. Fitting now seems to be included on those costing £300+.
18ME

Post by 18ME »

Curryhouse wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:25 am
18ME wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:59 pm For those that had the Ford dashcam fitted did the dealer charge for fitting on top of the £283 the website states. It doesn’t say if that’s the fitted cost or not.
Fitting not included now. That used to be with fitting by the dealer. I remember cos I was very tempted but price put me off. Fitting now seems to be included on those costing £300+.
Okay thanks. I might as well just wait and see when I get the car and ask my local dealer for a quote. The supplying dealer is on the south coast and I’m midlands based so probably better going local in case they don’t fit it properly and needs to go back.
woosydiver

Post by woosydiver »

Does anyone have any tips on how to route the dashcam power cable up through the A pillar and into the roof lining?

When I pull off the door seal, I can see behind the A-pillar plastic cover but it's not evident how a cable would come up from the fuse box and be routed to the front of the A-pillar and into the roof.
I am not keen i=on being heavy handed due to the airbag being in the vicinity.

Thanks
Living Down under with 2 Puma's;
2020, 92KW, Desert Island Blue
2022 with Park Assist and Powered Tailgate, 92KW, Magnetic
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Search this forum and check Youtube, plenty of vids on there.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

woosydiver wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:26 am Does anyone have any tips on how to route the dashcam power cable up through the A pillar and into the roof lining?

When I pull off the door seal, I can see behind the A-pillar plastic cover but it's not evident how a cable would come up from the fuse box and be routed to the front of the A-pillar and into the roof.
I am not keen i=on being heavy handed due to the airbag being in the vicinity.

Thanks
I find the A pillar covers are really bad the clips are inadequate and the roof liner top one doesn’t want to clip tight enough to liner once removed, even with new clips
My Fiesta went into dealers 4 times to sort it and even put new -art on still couldn’t get it to fit flush, my independent said it’s bad design

F751ACF2-D0E5-4BE5-B37C-16C94CAF2BEA.jpeg

ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
woosydiver

Post by woosydiver »

Thanks guys, I managed to install yesterday, after looking at it from different angles. The cable routes into the headling without being in the way of the airbag.
Living Down under with 2 Puma's;
2020, 92KW, Desert Island Blue
2022 with Park Assist and Powered Tailgate, 92KW, Magnetic
whatwasthattoo

Post by whatwasthattoo »

Hi Everyone, this is a bit off topic, but, I have a two nextbase dashcams for the front and rear. I have installed them in a couple of cars but have a question on my new Puma mhev. The suction cup will not stay on the rear screen, it keeps dropping off. I have tried a new suction cup and cleaning the glass again, but no improvement. Are the heating wires causing a problem with the seal on the cup. The other method I can use is an adhesive fitting to the glass instead of a suction cup. The issue is the rear screen heating wires are so close together that the adhesive mount will cover at least one wire. Does this mean that removal of the adhesive mount in the future will stop the heated window from working.
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

You should try and put it between wires. If this isn't possible then use 3M stickers, as long as they are well heated before removal they shouldn't harm your heater wires.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.