Puma ST 2021 Launch control

Ford Puma ST Chat
Oliver1988

Post by Oliver1988 »

Hello!

I had a 71 plate Puma ST with the performance pack on since November however for some reason I've never got the launch control working. I've seen videos where the ST logo appears on the dashboard and lights up when using it however this has never appear for me once I've turned on launch control on in the settings, the dash just stays the same.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Oliver1988 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:23 pm Hello!

I had a 71 plate Puma ST with the performance pack on since November however for some reason I've never got the launch control working. I've seen videos where the ST logo appears on the dashboard and lights up when using it however this has never appear for me once I've turned on launch control on in the settings, the dash just stays the same.

Any ideas what is wrong?
    Launch control will only function when the car has reached optimal engine temperature.
    Run/drive the the car for a bit, wait until the temp gauge is in the mid position. Then try it.
    Once selected "LC" will appear at the bottom of the digital screen. Then launch control is ready to go. (Selected in the menu settings obviously)
    Launch control is a bit of a gimmick. But fun. If you have never tried it before, then park up on a straight road and with dry conditions. Press the clutch right down, select first gear. Pedal to the metal. (HAND BRAKE OFF) Then come straight off the clutch "very quickly" keeping the steering wheel straight.