On the lookout for a Puma ST

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
LePatrick

Post by LePatrick »

Just started the search for a Puma ST (although I am still undecided between the Puma and the Fiesta)...looking for a 22/23 green or blue one with less than 20k miles.

Joined the forum to understand what are the must-have options and common issues (battery, misfire, windscreen washer, headlight/tailight, steering noise).

I quite like the pano roof (although nice, i don't think it is a deal breaker), same for the performance pack (it would be nice but I have another toy for the Sunday blast...

DSCN4877.JPG

Blackpuma72

Post by Blackpuma72 »

There’s several on autotrader in green and blue. Hopefully you find one that meets your criteria
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic Black

Post by 4251 »

Our ST is 3 years old in June and never had any issues with the windscreen washers , never ever misfired, no steering noise, nothing with headlights or taillights or battery apart from the going into sleep mode if not used for a while. Did get trouble with the constant battery warnings when it was newer until I carried out a charging system reset, faultless after that on original battery which is still strong. Never ever gone flat or near flat.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Im assuming you are leaning towards the Puma because you need a degree of practicality, otherwise you would choose the Fiesta.
Like you say I wouldnt be bothered at all about specifically finding one with the Performance Pack , because your R8 V10 has all driving thrills well covered. 8-)
My blue ST (non PP) is just under 9 months old with a very low mileage and has been trouble free so far.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
LePatrick

Post by LePatrick »

Thanks all for the replies.

I went to see one yesterday with the pano roof and was undecided about the benefits at the front. It definitely brightens the back seat area. I did not have time to take it for a test drive but had a good look inside and out. I was surprised by how close the 2 front seats are but overall the car looks well built.

I think I will go for the Puma instead of the Fiesta mainly because I had a fiesta in the past and I fancy something different.

The hunt is on...if a private seller has one available that meets my criteria, please don't hesitate to pm me...
the radman

Post by the radman »

shame you arent after a white one as the wifes on about selling hers,it has every option possible and just turned 2 yrs old

Post by 4251 »

LePatrick wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:59 am Thanks all for the replies.

I went to see one yesterday with the pano roof and was undecided about the benefits at the front. It definitely brightens the back seat area. I did not have time to take it for a test drive but had a good look inside and out. I was surprised by how close the 2 front seats are but overall the car looks well built.

I think I will go for the Puma instead of the Fiesta mainly because I had a fiesta in the past and I fancy something different.

The hunt is on...if a private seller has one available that meets my criteria, please don't hesitate to pm me...

Cannot see a single benefit of a glass roof, only negatives, raised centre of gravity, bad, and the danger of it breaking in a roll over. Loss of headroom. No advantages whatsoever for me, would walk past one that has it. Shouldn’t be fitted to a hot hatch (or any imho)

It is a Fiesta so yes the front seats closer together than a larger class car. It isn’t too noticeable with Recaro’s but more so with bulky ford seats
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

4251 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:37 am

Cannot see a single benefit of a glass roof, only negatives, raised centre of gravity, bad, and the danger of it breaking in a roll over. Loss of headroom. No advantages whatsoever for me, would walk past one that has it. Shouldn’t be fitted to a hot hatch (or any imho)

It is a Fiesta so yes the front seats closer together than a larger class car. It isn’t too noticeable with Recaro’s but more so with bulky ford seats
The same could be said for the performance pack....unless your on a track or really pushing it down a B road, what's the point.
The pan roof IMHO gives an airy feeling to the cabin and I for one like them and I don't think the added weight effects the handling to any noticeable degree.
Full fat ST in fantastic red, pan roof and electric tailgate.

Post by 4251 »

Denty1964 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:22 pm
4251 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:37 am

The same could be said for the performance pack....unless your on a track or really pushing it down a B road, what's the point.
The pan roof IMHO gives an airy feeling to the cabin and I for one like them and I don't think the added weight effects the handling to any noticeable degree.
The performance pack diff makes a big difference with grip, drive and traction out of corners especially when slippery, it’s impressive and reassuring and that’s driving pretty much normally, cannot think if any advantage of a hunk of glass above your head, only the opposite.
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

Well of course, your correct on all points.
Full fat ST in fantastic red, pan roof and electric tailgate.