EU Sync 3 APIM NAV

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
warlock12118

Post by warlock12118 »

Greetings from the other side of the pond.
I'm in the US playing with a Sync 3.4 EU NAV APIM sourced from a Puma and I'm running into issues converting it to US.

Long story short, with it dropped in my Fusion using the donor AsBuilt, I'm showing myself in Bristol (which I expect since the maps are EU) without any GPS error, but the Sync diag screen doesn't show any satellites (which it does with my US NAV APIM).
If I drop the AB in from my Fusion, I'm still in Bristol with the same GPS issue, but if I reformat the APIM to NA maps I get a GPS error on the screen with my location being Ford Dearborn (which is what you get with no GPS over here) however the APIM doesn't show any DTCs for an open/missing GPS antenna.
I do get DTCs if I unplug the GPS from the APIM and my Fusion is full Sync3 with NAV from the factory (currently running a 2020 L series).

With my US APIM everything works correctly, so this is acting like the EU NAV is expecting GPS data from another source.

Would anyone happen to know where else it would be looking for GPS data from?
Here in the US the GPSM is deleted from the car when you have Sync3 NAV as you have a GPS capable antenna and the TCU only provides GPS data to Sync4 vehicles.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the forum.
I can't answer your question, but would ask one of you....Why? 😂
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
rothers

Post by rothers »

72 plate Puma ST-Line X 155
warlock12118

Post by warlock12118 »

We've already been playing with it on cyanlabs for a bit, one guy has been trying to find a work around for a year.

With regard to why, used Sync3 EU NAV APIMs run about 40% less than US NAV APIMs even with currency conversion and shipping.