infotainment system not always switching off Puma ST

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
The PIT

Post by The PIT »

I've noticed an issue where the infotainment system will not fully switch of when locking the car. This always happens when I don't exit the car straight away so when I my driving shoes to my work boots the issue will appear. It either goes to a slightly grey background so still powered on or the screen stays on fully. The normal work around is to unlock the door wait until the ST sign comes up and then lock the door again. This normally does the trick although after a recent firmware update it may hang on the ST logo so have to do the process all over again.

If I get straight out of the car and lock it there isn't a issue.

I suspect this is why I sometimes come too a low battery warning please start the car where I missed it not shutting down properly and is stayed on possibly due to it auto unlocking while washing the car and not shutting down when the car auto locks again.

Anybody else have similar issues.

matthen

Post by matthen »

Yep, mine does this.

Basically every time you unlock, grab something out of it then relock it, the infotainment screen backlight stays lit.

I unlock it, open and shut, wait, open and shut them relock, and it goes off.

Never had any battery warnings though (unless you're talking about the "Battery protection, start engine.. message, in which case I've seen it twice.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Perfectly normal for the system. If you stay sat in the car and turn off the engine the screen will stay on. Open and shut the door or leave the vehicle and close the doors and it will go off.
If you accidentally unlock the car and do nothing it will turn off fairly quickly and not cause any battery drain.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
KidAmnesiac

Post by KidAmnesiac »

Yes. This. Had so many occasions of the screen staying on AFTER getting out of and locking the car. Waited for minutes on end and it still stays on. Also, sometimes when the screen actually does manage to turn off the panel underneath it turns on and stays illuminated. We had the whole flat battery issue (Rombat) recently. The car went in to Ford and they did a check, software update etc. Told us, no problem, it just needed the software sorting as if you don’t update it the car basically has a meltdown. We thought this would solve the issue but no, still doing it regularly. Pretty sure this links directly to the whole Puma battery issue. Such fun having to check the screen and re-lock the car half the time…. I have videos of it all locked up. Will upload a pic if I can figure out how..!
KidAmnesiac

Post by KidAmnesiac »

Still taken from a video of the car several minutes after being locked up…

IMG_0353.jpeg