Seat height lever broken

All Ford Puma related discussions
Blackpuma72

Post by Blackpuma72 »

Think I’ve broken the seat height adjust lever down the side of the driver side. Anyone know how much it’s likely to cost to have this fixed? Was going to hold off until my service in August before taking it in.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic Black

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not sure if that's a warranty issue or not. I don't think anyone has reported one failing on here before.
I know Ford parts sell the actual handle for around £30, but, if it's more mechanically broken it's bound to be awkward.
Pop it into the dealer as soon as possible and either get a quote or try and haggle for warranty.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Blackpuma72

Post by Blackpuma72 »

Sparks wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:45 am Not sure if that's a warranty issue or not. I don't think anyone has reported one failing on here before.
I know Ford parts sell the actual handle for around £30, but, if it's more mechanically broken it's bound to be awkward.
Pop it into the dealer as soon as possible and either get a quote or try and haggle for warranty.
Thanks. The plastic lever looks to have snapped off. I wasn’t pushing hard on it so it makes me wonder if it was previously damaged. Only received it 2nd hand a few weeks ago from Dagenham but I’m in Edinburgh.

Will pop into the local dealership soon.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Speaking of things being broken in normal use...I am surprised that I have not heard any reports about the bonnet release lever in the passenger footwell.
The very first time I used it I thought how incredibly flimsy it is. :shock:
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Part is fairly cheap, you might have to remove the seat to fit it if the plastic trim cannot be removed. just be wary of any wiring, airbags etc
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Blackpuma72

Post by Blackpuma72 »

Thankfully the lever wasn’t broken but it was very difficult to get back in. Peoples Ford dealership in Edinburgh took 5 mins to get it popped back in again.
Blackpuma72

Post by Blackpuma72 »

Ron240 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:13 am Speaking of things being broken in normal use...I am surprised that I have not heard any reports about the bonnet release lever in the passenger footwell.
The very first time I used it I thought how incredibly flimsy it is. :shock:
I also thought the glove compartment handle was very flimsy the other day too.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The glove box handle is difficult to open and th the handle sometimes needs to be pushed back when closing. I've had the whole box replaced and it's no different. Cheap and nasty, poor design.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I've had no problems with the glove box on either of mine and it has a ton of junk in it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

No issues with glovebox or seat height adjuster
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )