Thoughts on the pan sunroof?

All Ford Puma related discussions
MadTruckeer

Post by MadTruckeer »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:34 pm
Sparks wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:30 pm I dislike panoramic roofs and bright interiors....Black headlining and interior are the musts for me. It's purely a personal choice, I just find that there is enough light coming in via the windows and the dark interior makes the car feel cooler in the summer.
Sparks....from the dark side :!: :lol:.
Don't we all hava darkside??? :lol:
Ford Puma 1.0 EcoBoost Hybrid mHEV 155 Vivid Ruby Ed 5dr DCT
Standard =Winter pack,powered tailgate, park assist,B&O,Wireless charger,Auto cruise control.....

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Sparks wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:30 pm I dislike panoramic roofs and bright interiors....Black headlining and interior are the musts for me. It's purely a personal choice, I just find that there is enough light coming in via the windows and the dark interior makes the car feel cooler in the summer.

Eebs7uUXsAIMMkV.jpeg

So There!!! 😝
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sparks wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:30 am
Eebs7uUXsAIMMkV.jpeg

So There!!! 😝
Good enough for me :lol:
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Post by 4251 »

I wouldn’t have one if it were free and wouldn’t buy a car that had one! A heavy dangerous chunk of glass exactly where you don’t want it, massive effort is made to lower the centre of gravity only to mess it up with this stupid “trendy” idea. Why would you want bright light above your head, I would prefer the interior to be darker not lighter. And do you drive at night with all your interior lights on?
PumaDude30

Post by PumaDude30 »

At 11 minutes and 17 seconds in this video the sunroof looks like it's too far back to be in your peripheral vision anyway, granted this is on the 2024 Puma.

So for the driver, the only real advantage is more light on the instrument dial and airflow when open? 90% of responses on this thread are positive, but I guess there's 'sunroof people' and 'not sunroof people' and you love it or hate it depending on what camp you're in :lol:
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

4251 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:50 am I wouldn’t have one if it were free and wouldn’t buy a car that had one! A heavy dangerous chunk of glass exactly where you don’t want it, massive effort is made to lower the centre of gravity only to mess it up with this stupid “trendy” idea. Why would you want bright light above your head, I would prefer the interior to be darker not lighter. And do you drive at night with all your interior lights on?
I have been in an accident that wrote off a Fiesta Mk8 ST-3 with a pan roof and that appeared to be one of the stronger bits. Airbags all around the periphery deployed. Not a pleasant experience but was well impressed with the structural integrity. Opened the door and walked away... something you never want to find but i know first hand how good it all works when it goes wrong.
Did have: 2022.25 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Grey Matter with DAP, PP, PT, PR
Now got: 2023.75 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Azura Blue with DAP, PP, PT, PR + stonechip :(

Post by 137699 »

If you ever carry a dog and need to leave it in the car on hot days even for short periods, the sunroof is essential.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

137699 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:55 am If you ever carry a dog and need to leave it in the car on hot days even for short periods
Now there's a controversial comment if ever I've seen one. :|
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

I like a panoramic roof, although I've only ever had it on one car.
They look good from the exterior when closed and allow more light into the interior.
I would not pay the on average £1k as an optional extra on a brand new car though, and the only reason I had one previously was because it came as standard with the trim spec.
One negative point about a panoramic roof is that they look ridiculous from the outside when fully open, and in the 17 months I owned the car I never opened it other than just once to test it.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
ReadOnly

Post by ReadOnly »

In my personal opinion, essential. It is probably 40 years since I didn't have a roof opening of some sort. Of course in days past, the wind noise was dreadful. Now on my second Puma with a panoramic roof and little wind noise under 40 mph then a quick swap to tilting mode over 40 mph. With global warming I am using it more than ever ...