Thoughts on the pan sunroof?

All Ford Puma related discussions
PumaDude30

Post by PumaDude30 »

I'm buying a Puma and have been debating whether to go with one with the sunroof or not. For those that have the pan roof, what do you think? Is it a must-have for sunny days? Any drawbacks to it being there?

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Reduced headroom seems to be an issue.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

I wouldn't be without it. No buffering when it's open and unlimited headroom... not so much when it's closed of course
Did have: 2022.25 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Grey Matter with DAP, PP, PT, PR
Now got: 2023.75 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Azura Blue with DAP, PP, PT, PR + stonechip :(
PumaDude30

Post by PumaDude30 »

I'm 5'7 so I'm guessing that headroom won't be too much of an issue for me presumably :lol:

Interesting to hear that it's quiet when open! It's one of those things that I know I'd love on summer days - it's just that it really limits my options on the used market (I'm not buying new), so trying to convince myself that it's not necessary... but I know I want one haha.
New73

Post by New73 »

I love it, really brightens up the interior even when closed.
Haven't had much chance to use it open yet since I got the car but looking forward to enjoying it this summer.
No problem with the headroom for me at 5'9
Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Auto, Grey Matter, Panoramic Roof, Driver Assist Pack, Power Tailgate, Ceramic Coating
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Love mine. I'm 6'1" and don't have any clearance issues with the seat fairly low down(but not at bottom of adjustment range).

Great for a vent to stop car heating up in the sun quite so much. Let's a lot more light in, and my 7 month old loves looking out of the rear section at the sky, trees, mountains etc.

I've not had any rattle issues at all. Mine was built Q4 2023 and picked up in December

My only tiny tiny complaint is there is a real art to pressing the button soft enough to only vent, and not open all the way. I've just about got used to it
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
the radman

Post by the radman »

the wife has it on hers and i hate it,its like being sat in a greenhouse with a big black heatsoaking piece of glass above your head,i dont even like it when open as it ruins the looks of the car,it wouldnt be so bad if there was a proper roof lining hatch or something to help stop a bit of heat from getting in the car when its closed but a piece of fishnet cloth does nothing ,rant over
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

When I was ordering mine it was a choice between the pan roof or performance pack (same price, give or take) and we decided on the pan roof. It allows so much light into the cabin and if its a very bright day and you don't want it open you can pull the sun shades across.
I have no issues and definitely made the right choice.
Full fat ST in fantastic red, pan roof and electric tailgate.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I dislike panoramic roofs and bright interiors....Black headlining and interior are the musts for me. It's purely a personal choice, I just find that there is enough light coming in via the windows and the dark interior makes the car feel cooler in the summer.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Sparks wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:30 pm I dislike panoramic roofs and bright interiors....Black headlining and interior are the musts for me. It's purely a personal choice, I just find that there is enough light coming in via the windows and the dark interior makes the car feel cooler in the summer.
Sparks....from the dark side :!: :lol:.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.