Thoughts on the pan sunroof?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

ReadOnly wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:18 pm In my personal opinion, essential. It is probably 40 years since I didn't have a roof opening of some sort. Of course in days past, the wind noise was dreadful. Now on my second Puma with a panoramic roof and little wind noise under 40 mph then a quick swap to tilting mode over 40 mph. With global warming I am using it more than ever ...
Lol......what tilting mode, I think I've missed that bit.
Full fat ST in fantastic red, pan roof and electric tailgate.

ReadOnly

Post by ReadOnly »

Denty1964 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:54 pm
ReadOnly wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:18 pm In my personal opinion, essential. It is probably 40 years since I didn't have a roof opening of some sort. Of course in days past, the wind noise was dreadful. Now on my second Puma with a panoramic roof and little wind noise under 40 mph then a quick swap to tilting mode over 40 mph. With global warming I am using it more than ever ...

All sunroofs (probably) normally have three modes, closed, open and tilted. Certainly all of mine have//had over the last 40 years. The sunroof simply slopes with a gap at the back. Or have I missed some trendy street slang for tilting :D

In Ford speak - Vent.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... ldtype=web
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

ReadOnly wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:41 pm

All sunroofs (probably) normally have three modes, closed, open and tilted. Certainly all of mine have//had over the last 40 years. The sunroof simply slopes with a gap at the back. Or have I missed some trendy street slang for tilting :D

In Ford speak - Vent.
Do you have a Puma with pan roof because the link is for something different?
ReadOnly

Post by ReadOnly »

Denty1964 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:08 pm
ReadOnly wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:41 pm

In Ford speak - Vent.
Do you have a Puma with pan roof because the link is for something different?
Have a look at the bottom of the screen, you may have to scroll. It says “Puma Owners Manual”. Ford call the pan roof “moonroof”! Both my 2020 and 2023 Pumas had/have a pan roof (moonroof).

IMG_0202.jpeg

Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

Doh, I get it now....i just press to open the roof and it goes past the 'tilt'.
Pbirdman

Post by Pbirdman »

I believe the tilting part mentioned is officially called venting (where it is in the most upward open position before it slides back)
Ford Puma Vignale Magnetic 155bhp Manuel - Panoramic Roof + Drivers Pack + Power Tailgate + Spare Tyre
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Denty1964 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:48 pm Doh, I get it now....i just press to open the roof and it goes past the 'tilt'.
I find it is really hard to get the tilt function. It requires the softest of touched on the button. Like a half press. Got used to it now but for ages it would take 3 or 4 attempts to get it to not open all the way
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

Yeh tried it today, its a slight touch before it goes in to full open mode.