CD Player

Ford Puma ST Chat
dereklib

Post by dereklib »

Hi,
I have a lot of CDs and no streaming services. Puma has no CD player. If I bought a portable CD player with Bluetooth, does anyone know if I could get it to run through the car's excellent sound system?
Cheers,
Derek.

ReadOnly

Post by ReadOnly »

dereklib wrote: ↑Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:30 pm Hi,
I have a lot of CDs and no streaming services. Puma has no CD player. If I bought a portable CD player with Bluetooth, does anyone know if I could get it to run through the car's excellent sound system?
Cheers,
Derek.

I have no idea of what is required, but a standard accessory https://shop.ford.co.uk/products/puma-cd-player-10-2019
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the forum..
Can't you put them all onto a USB stick? This will save space and be much more convenient. Or if your CD player doesn't have a USB connection think about getting one of these (or similar)...https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lehwey-Externa ... 514&sr=8-3
If you use the Bluetooth connection you may lose your phones hands free function. Not 100% sure of that though.
All my CD's went about 7 or 8 years ago and I have never looked back to be honest.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

Yes I just did this. Windows will rip CDs natively these days. Save each CD into its own folder, let media player find all the data for them and them copy to a USB stick formatted as exfat.
Takes a little while to recognise the stick but then your away. I have a tiny 256gb one plugged into the port near the gearstick.
Puma ST Agate Black
My Pumas called Bob

Post by My Pumas called Bob »

If its any help - a CD player was an option in the first couple of years after the Puma launched - my first Puma in 2021 had one fitted so there are Pumas out there which may come onto the second hand market with them fitted
on my 3rd Puma - 24 reg Vivid Ruby Edition 125 hybrid manual
rothers

Post by rothers »

Where exactly does the Ford CD player fit?
72 plate Puma ST-Line X 155
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I think this is the one that the early ones got fitted as an extra,. You can still buy it now and have it fitted, but it's bloody expensive for redundant tech.
https://shop.ford.co.uk/products/puma-cd-player-10-2019
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
My Pumas called Bob

Post by My Pumas called Bob »

rothers wrote: ↑Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:04 pm Where exactly does the Ford CD player fit?
It went in the glove box - there was a tray inside which it slotted into
on my 3rd Puma - 24 reg Vivid Ruby Edition 125 hybrid manual
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

dereklib wrote: ↑Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:30 pm Hi,
Cheers,
Derek.
I have all my cd's on a usb stick .... just stick it in and ready to go
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
KevC

Post by KevC »

Same here. USB or phone all the way.
It's so much more convenient. You can make playlists etc too. If you're going from scratch it does take a while to set it all up but once you do it's heaps better.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!