ST auto owners experience?

Ford Puma ST Chat
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

4251 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:20 am
AliMac13 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:11 pm Hi, I'm planning to change my Titanium for the new Puma ST auto later this year and looking for comments and experiences of those who currently have the auto version of ST please.
I have read a few negative reviews from the motor journalist fraternity and wondered how people who run the car day to day feel about it?
Hopefully I will have a chance to see the new ST auto and test drive when the dealers get them in around June this year.

My alternative would be to spec up the ST line x 155, which will make it around the same cost with extras added on, but maybe easier to live with day to day?

Thanks Alister
Personally I think the ST is absolutely pointless without the 1.5 engine! Why put up with the much firmer less comfortable ride and not have the performance to compensate? It’s got 160hp when the minuscule battery depletes (very quickly) and coupled to the powersh££ gearbox…. Yuk! If it has to be a Puma (No chance for me anymore) get a current version manual ST Line X not a powershi&£ or (no brainer ) get the current ST 1.5 , why wouldn’t you? it will hold it’s value far far better and surely not for the new cheap yukky tacky interior !?! And that’s coming from someone who has had and still has ST’s amongst the fleet for years. And open eyes and out there and look at the superior opposition!
Who do you recommend as the superior opposition. I'm up for a change soon and am looking around for something similar to the Puma. I'm too old for ST stuff.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Post by 4251 »

The Puma’s party trick is it drives well, not a world of difference just a slightly better driver if your enthusiastic otherwise you would hardly notice the difference. Boot is decent too. After that it’s middle of the road at best. Style is already dated and I won’t mention the new interior again. The 1.5 ST is a good ST , compromise on the Fiesta’s sharpness but still good for a ST. But only 1.5 and manual.

The new Kona leaves it for dead pretty much now, any of the VW group cars are at another level overall. Qashqai vastly superior as a car, but bigger. The Duke probably is too but I hate the old ugly monster so much I will leave that one, many more the list is pretty long
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I've been looking at the Kona recently myself and am very tempted. As you say, way ahead of the Puma in looks and tech, I'll be after a test drive in a few weeks and see what sort of deals they will give (if any).
I think Ford missed an opportunity with the facelift and fudged it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Markyb

Post by Markyb »

Personally I love the facelift - especially the interior. If they continued the 1.5 then I would be looking at one but not as a 1 litre.

Sure they might have missed a trick but as had been said before - they will probably sell well even as a 1 litre. Just not to me.
Puma ST Agate Black. Dark Wheels. 8-)
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

There will be a lot of 1.5 owners coming towards the end of their PCP who would have upgraded to the New one. I will not be paying more for a lesser car.
Full fat ST in fantastic red, pan roof and electric tailgate.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Markyb wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:15 pm Personally I love the facelift - especially the interior. If they continued the 1.5 then I would be looking at one but not as a 1 litre.

Sure they might have missed a trick but as had been said before - they will probably sell well even as a 1 litre. Just not to me.
Nor me........ So I intend in keeping my ST for fair more few years yet. Then what? The Yaris GR or the MG X Power perhaps. Hyundai i30n has now gone sadly as well. The choice keeps on getting smaller every month..

Post by 4251 »

Markyb wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:15 pm Personally I love the facelift - especially the interior. If they continued the 1.5 then I would be looking at one but not as a 1 litre.

Tastes are very different, very! They have to sell well, it is effectively the Fiesta and Puma in one package with the Focus sales to add to it soon! Needs to double its sales at least to make up for losses. People are seeing the wood amongst the trees and moving on. Blatant cheaping down and increasing prices has been pushed beyond all limits and I don’t see a product to justify that. If I wanted another I would be getting a proper 1.5 manual ST now! Your last chance. I think we might just keep ours, but I wish I had kept my MK3.5 ST3 Focus or MK4 (pre facelift) instead.

Post by 4251 »

Rays1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:51 pm

Nor me........ So I intend in keeping my ST for fair more few years yet. Then what? The Yaris GR or the MG X Power perhaps. Hyundai i30n has now gone sadly as well. The choice keeps on getting smaller every month..
i30n gone? Didn’t know that, I just priced one up a couple of weeks ago?
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

4251 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:36 am I wish I had kept my MK3.5 ST3 Focus
I highly rated mine...was such a good car. 8-)

20170813_063829.jpg

2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

4251 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:39 ami30n gone? Didn’t know that, I just priced one up a couple of weeks ago?
The i20N was in an equivalent class to the Puma ST and I knew that had been discontinued, but the demise of the i30N was news to me also.
Yes its true, it has been officially discontinued with no more factory orders available.
Speaking of Hyundai...I really liked the i30N Fastback which was a very cool looking car, but unfortunately the entire Fastback range was disontinued in the UK some time ago or I would probably have one now.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.