Rear light removal

All Ford Puma related discussions
Maty87

Post by Maty87 »

Has anyone easily managed to remove the rear light clusters the manual says just pull towards you i can not get it to come of the rear pin

Tia

the radman

Post by the radman »

it needs pulling outwards away from the car to get it off the pin,not backwards as you would assume,easiest way to explain is to stand at the side of the car and pull it towards you that way
Maty87

Post by Maty87 »

How easy is it theres not much to grab and the side flap bit looks like it would be in the way to pull it sideways
the radman

Post by the radman »

are you on about the light on the rear quarter or the boot lid?
Maty87

Post by Maty87 »

The rear quarter one the boot lid one was alot easier
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

When I did mine, I put a trim removal tool in the gap between the unit and the rear wing, and moved it sideways while at the same time lever it away from the bodywork, it soon popped off, and was then able to remove it.
2021 ST line X in magnetic.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
Maty87

Post by Maty87 »

Ok cheers so trim tool at rear of light and pop what about the black bit circled that looks like it is in the way of pulling it sideways

IMG_8074.jpeg

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Have checked YouTube videos for help.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

Nobody is doing tutorial videos on you tube, I've searched before, that's the only thing that bugs me about this model. Being so new, nobody is modifying or doing DIY service jobs on them yet.
It's quite boring really, I love to see what people have done/modified/ retrofitted to their vehicles.
Give it a few years when they are more affordable to the second hand market, and no doubt people will start posting videos of jobs they do.
4 wheel, 5 doors, 2 windscreen wipers, electric windows, heater, steering wheel and a gear stick 😁
Wilto

Post by Wilto »

Maty87 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:49 pm Ok cheers so trim tool at rear of light and pop what about the black bit circled that looks like it is in the way of pulling it sideways IMG_8074.jpeg
Yeah I slid the removal tool along the top edge, and it popped out a few mm, enough to get your fingers behind it and pull outward towards the side of the car. Don't be afraid, when it comes out, you'll ask yourself " what was all the fuss about"
Changed my reverse light bulb in about 5 mins.