Draught!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
MadTruckeer

Post by MadTruckeer »

Evening all.
Dunno if it's just me but does anyone else have a cold draught down the side of right leg when travelling along.
Sorry if it's been said before :D
Ford Puma 1.0 EcoBoost Hybrid mHEV 155 Vivid Ruby Ed 5dr DCT
Standard =Winter pack,powered tailgate, park assist,B&O,Wireless charger,Auto cruise control.....

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Check the door seals and what direction and temperature the heater controls set to.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Nope, nice and toasty in mine. Sorry that doesn't help other than to maybe say it's not the norm.... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Doesn't seem normal to me either.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
MadTruckeer

Post by MadTruckeer »

Morning all, thanks for replies....got heater set high!
Vents set correctly heater onto feet but really cold draught both sides of car!
Mrs complaining too, will have to investigate further.
Standard =Winter pack,powered tailgate, park assist,B&O,Wireless charger,Auto cruise control.....
Markgibb45

Post by Markgibb45 »

I have a Puma ST, picked it up brand new on 6th Jan this year and i get a draught when i turn a corner sometimes. i notice it coming home from the gym and i've bare legs.

i had two Fiesta ST-Lines prior to this Puma, both from new, and both experienced a draught as i went round a roundabout, mostly on exit from a roundabout or a hard left hand turn.

i've always assumed it was steering column/suspension shifting and creating a gap somewhere but given that it has happened almost identically across three cars of the same base chassis i'd assume it is a design issue.

doesn't really bother me, but i've always wondered what was causing it.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Markgibb45 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:23 am I have a Puma ST, picked it up brand new on 6th Jan this year and i get a draught when i turn a corner sometimes. i notice it coming home from the gym and i've bare legs.
i had two Fiesta ST-Lines prior to this Puma, both from new, and both experienced a draught as i went round a roundabout, mostly on exit from a roundabout or a hard left hand turn.
i've always assumed it was steering column/suspension shifting and creating a gap somewhere but given that it has happened almost identically across three cars of the same base chassis i'd assume it is a design issue.
Now that you say that its ringing a bell with me.
On previous Focus ST's years ago I would experience a draught of cold air coming through the steering column when going over a steep hump backed bridge where the road went round a bend at the same time, so must be a Ford thing.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Markyb

Post by Markyb »

It's an air-circulation issue inside the cabin, with cold and warm static pockets of air. When you go round a corner, the air gets moved around, and cold bits of air blow across you.
Puma ST Agate Black. Dark Wheels. 8-)
MadTruckeer

Post by MadTruckeer »

Thanks for comments all, but I get it wen travelling in straight line(straight rd/motorway).
Will have to hava closer look under dash and check door seals!!
MadTruckeer

Post by MadTruckeer »

Afternoon all.
Hadda look under dash/steering column/pedals etc on drivers side and took glove box out + checked bulkhead on pass side...nothing!!!
Under bonnet....nothing!!
Door seals... can't really anything cos can't see any marks where seal hits Door?? But everything "looks" good.
Any suggestions any1??