2024 Ford Puma announced

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 2212

Post by Deleted User 2212 »

My Ficus has voice control for heating and touch screen. Both work great. Far better than the stupid left to right touch sliders on the dash of the Golf I test drove.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Ron240 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:42 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:54 pm so after watching the video posted by halfmeasures the new ST is an ST without the engine.
Is this correct ?
The video was originally posted by seyahremmus on the previous page...you have looked at one of 2 posts where it has been reposted in a quote :)
The 'new ST' uses an existing ST engine.
What I meant was it doesn’t use the 1.5 ltr
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Mike wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:46 pm What I meant was it doesn’t use the 1.5 ltr
Yeah I figured thats what you meant, but I just answered it the way you wrote it. :D
After all we know the ST with the 1.0 170PS engine has been around since mid 2023, and the engine is being carried over into the facelift model.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
UbF

Post by UbF »

Sparks wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:38 pm Voice control of the various functions is far better than virtual buttons.
Now if this worked and was reliable - it'd be an upgrade. Will see where we get to in two years time and what's on offer then.
2023 ST Line X 125 MHEV Automatic
MrT

Post by MrT »

I also am not keen on the squared steering wheel. I think it’s what’s known as a triumph of design over practicality. Anyone remember the much ridiculed square steering wheel in the disliked Austin Allegro? I wonder if tastes have changed over the years.The question is: does it have a useful purpose?
KevC

Post by KevC »

AMS1969 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:25 pm Have to confess I’ve had a couple of afternoon beers but unless I’ve missed it no parking pack or option for front parking sensors or rear parking camera which seems strange and a backwards step? Also no manual 155 option
I've just read about a speech to investors from the Ford COO where he said automatic parking is likely to be removed from all new models from 2024 because "hardly any customers actually use it" so it will be a developmental and production cost saving for them. Looks like they might have started with the Puma.
ST-Line X 125 Auto in Magnetic Grey with rev cam, front sensors and heated seats. (Had an original Puma in '99 too)
F-Type V8 coupe!
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

KevC wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:27 pm
AMS1969 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:25 pm Have to confess I’ve had a couple of afternoon beers but unless I’ve missed it no parking pack or option for front parking sensors or rear parking camera which seems strange and a backwards step? Also no manual 155 option
I've just read about a speech to investors from the Ford COO where he said automatic parking is likely to be removed from all new models from 2024 because "hardly any customers actually use it" so it will be a developmental and production cost saving for them. Looks like they might have started with the Puma.
They are probably right...On my second Puma now and only ever used it twice. Once to see what all the fuss was about and the second time to get out of a parking space that was a bit tight, also to see what it worked like....Otherwise a gimmick, much quicker just to park it as we've always done... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I wonder why most engines come with only an auto box
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Mike wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:18 am I wonder why most engines come with only an auto box
All in the plan to phase peoples mindset into EV's? :|
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

KevC wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:27 pm
Makes sense. Probably accurate. Similar to Sparks, I've used it once. Few days after getting the car to see what it was like. It's far too slow to use for parking.

Only time I envisage using it going forward is if some inconsiderate so and so parks too tight in a parallel parking spot, use it to get out.

But even that said, with parking sensors front and back.....could easily do it myself
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate