2024 Ford Puma announced

All Ford Puma related discussions
DB74

Post by DB74 »

Not too sure on the dash of the new model, as just looks like two screens chucked in but also wondered if there would be any issues with glare on the instrument screen as it's not set back like normally dashboards?
Puma ST, Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.

ctyldsley

Post by ctyldsley »

Been a Ford buyer all my life, but finally looks like I'm leaving for our next PCP. End of my Puma ST is coming up shortly and was super interested in the facelift - personally love the larger screen. But getting a few quotes from dealers and because of the APRs + price increase the prices are just coming out way too high for what's mostly the same car (and this is me actually speccing up going from the ST to ST-Line X 155). 30-50% monthly increase in cost for me just hard to justify.

Been pricing up some other manufacturers and almost ready to pull the trigger on moving away. New Facelift has lost us. I'm sure the EV will be their big push as their cheapest EV, but I feel like they've screwed up the other lines as a result.
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

Totally agree.
Having the same finance deal as my present ST (£28.500) over the 36 mths the monthly payment is £140 a month higher. Also, my balloon payment is £14.500 against £17.500.
Full fat ST in fantastic red, pan roof and electric tailgate.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

ctyldsley wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:13 am Been a Ford buyer all my life, but finally looks like I'm leaving for our next PCP. End of my Puma ST is coming up shortly and was super interested in the facelift - personally love the larger screen. But getting a few quotes from dealers and because of the APRs + price increase the prices are just coming out way too high for what's mostly the same car (and this is me actually speccing up going from the ST to ST-Line X 155). 30-50% monthly increase in cost for me just hard to justify.

Been pricing up some other manufacturers and almost ready to pull the trigger on moving away. New Facelift has lost us. I'm sure the EV will be their big push as their cheapest EV, but I feel like they've screwed up the other lines as a result.
What are you thinking of getting next?
Are the quotes for the facelift got by actually attending the dealers and negotiating or just online? I've always found that sit down chats have reduced monthly PCP payments by up to £140. The sample finance figures given on manufacturers websites are way off what you would actually pay.
This is why the manufacturers are moving away from dealers selling the cars to an online only model.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

By the time the new model is available and i have had a chance to look at it in the flesh i think i will be 18 months into my contract and really fancy an automatic now as most of my journeys are less than 15 -20 minutes with the occasional run to Cornwall thrown in but usually my milage is around 3 - 4000 miles a year and after buying several cars outright i doubt if i will ever do this again.

I guess i might look at other car makes but some of them i have had bad experiences with so will see in a couple of months.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

Sparks wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:11 pm
ctyldsley wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:13 am Been a Ford buyer all my life, but finally looks like I'm leaving for our next PCP. End of my Puma ST is coming up shortly and was super interested in the facelift - personally love the larger screen. But getting a few quotes from dealers and because of the APRs + price increase the prices are just coming out way too high for what's mostly the same car (and this is me actually speccing up going from the ST to ST-Line X 155). 30-50% monthly increase in cost for me just hard to justify.

Are the quotes for the facelift got by actually attending the dealers and negotiating or just online? I've always found that sit down chats have reduced monthly PCP payments by up to £140. The sample finance figures given on manufacturers websites are way off what you would actually pay.
This is why the manufacturers are moving away from dealers selling the cars to an online only model.
The figures iv put in are after discount etc. It's a like for like figure of the difference in the apr and how much extra it will cost plus the ballon payment has gone up significantly. It doesn't matter about what the dealer will knock off.
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

Denty1964 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:34 pm

The figures iv put in are after discount etc. It's a like for like figure of the difference in the apr and how much extra it will cost plus the ballon payment has gone up significantly. It doesn't matter about what the dealer will knock off.
And yes, this is based on the New updated version of the ST....if you can call it that.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Denty1964 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:34 pm

Not sure I mentioned your figures, but OK.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
My Pumas called Bob

Post by My Pumas called Bob »

Really disapointed with this new model - rather than build on a success story these changes seem to be taking the Puma backwards
on my 3rd Puma - 24 reg Vivid Ruby Edition 125 hybrid manual
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

My Pumas called Bob wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:29 am Really disapointed with this new model - rather than build on a success story these changes seem to be taking the Puma backwards
Everybody has their own opinions and mine is the opposite of yours.
Very minimal changes to the exterior so the car is still instantly recognisable from all angles as a Puma, and Interior which had been looking a little dated has been given a more modern refresh.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.