2024 Ford Puma announced

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ron240 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:45 am
My Pumas called Bob wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:29 am Really disapointed with this new model - rather than build on a success story these changes seem to be taking the Puma backwards
Everybody has their own opinions and mine is the opposite of yours.
Very minimal changes to the exterior so the car is still instantly recognisable from all angles as a Puma, and Interior which had been looking a little dated has been given a more modern refresh.
Not sure that the interior is a modern refresh....More modern than the existing one granted, but, still lacking that really modern feel. Sticking with a life limited Sync 4 is another opportunity missed..
I hope the Puma-E will be a bit more innovative.
As you say all have their own opinions and that's just mine... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Also, bear in mind most people will NOT have seen the face-lift Puma in the flesh (metal) and are going by an Internet photograph. The only people who can comment on the heater controls being on the Sync screen are those who have used Sync 4 already. To dismiss it because the badge is in "the wrong place" is very Luddite. Give it a chance.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Curryhouse wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:04 pm Also, bear in mind most people will NOT have seen the face-lift Puma in the flesh (metal) and are going by an Internet photograph. The only people who can comment on the heater controls being on the Sync screen are those who have used Sync 4 already. To dismiss it because the badge is in "the wrong place" is very Luddite. Give it a chance.
Or those that have experienced a VW..... ;) For me, it's the look that's not hitting the mark, not necessarily the operation.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The latest version of the Focus has Sync 4 so might be worth a closer look.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

microbe wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:12 pm
Rizmo wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:16 pm No Vignale so I may look elsewhere. In 2 weeks I'm off to see what the new Lexus LBX is all about. It's the 2024 car of the year and competes with the new Puma on price. I'm not sure about the CVT transmission. The rest of the car I like. The Premium Plus seems the one to go for.
You will have to let us know what you think of it. I like the look of it and have added it to my list of potential Puma replacements
I still haven't seen the Lexus in the flesh but have seen the YouTube reviews. It's light years ahead of the new Puma except for the road holding and the CVT. Also the service costs are through the roof. Price wise it's competitive. The nearest Lexus dealer to me is 20 miles + away. My Ford dealer is less than 10 miles. I'm going to see a new Focus next week to see if there are any similarities with the Puma facelift, ie Sync 4 and anything else. The new Focus is crazy money and the Lexus would be better value. Hope to get a realistic date for when the facelift Puma hits the showrooms.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The Puma ST line X with the extras I prefer comes out at 32,890 on the road, without dealer discount. This is to get it as close to my current Vignale spec as possible. Drive The Deal discount is 3,952, again on the road and delivered from a UK Ford dealer. That's more than a 12% reduction. I haven't tried for other online quotes yet. I would want to collect or have it delivered on a low loader. I've done this before.

Post by 4251 »

Rizmo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:57 pm The latest version of the Focus has Sync 4 so might be worth a closer look.
And it’s been riddled with bugs. Screen going into a checker board, going blank or corrupted very common. Means you cannot control your heating/ventilation or infotainment when it happens
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

4251 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:09 am
Rizmo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:57 pm The latest version of the Focus has Sync 4 so might be worth a closer look.
And it’s been riddled with bugs. Screen going into a checker board, going blank or corrupted very common. Means you cannot control your heating/ventilation or infotainment when it happens
I'll visit a Focus forum and see what the latest news is.
robgee

Post by robgee »

I was just checking out some of the Focus / sync 4 forums and noticed this
Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.1 brings several significant updates to SYNC:

2 new games: Bridge Battle and Parking Lot.
A new modern design for your user interface. This includes:
Control of cabin temperature, fan speed and heated seats using the volume knob
So it seems that they might be listening to people’s thoughts on non physical buttons.

https://fpcommunity.ford.com/t5/Chat/Fo ... 04/page/42
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

I read somewhere a couple of days ago that all these cars that have zero buttons or very few, are going to be hit with new regulations coming out in 2026.
As we are all aware, these new screens can be dangerous due to the distraction they cause when the driver wants to make any adjustments. If you was messing with your phone to the same degree, you would be prosecuted.
I think it's the right move personally.
Full fat ST in fantastic red, pan roof and electric tailgate.