2024 Ford Puma announced

All Ford Puma related discussions
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

AliMac13 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:47 pm Further to My comment about the black contrast roof for the new Puma. In the new Puma brochure/specifications it has the ST with a black contrast roof included at no extra cost, where the new Puma configuration has the ST black contrast roof at an extra option for £500 🤔
I wouldn't worry about it because it's probably a glitch.
Go with the official price list where it is a no cost option like it was previously. ;)
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.

seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Ron240 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:38 am
seyahremmus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:52 am

Little walk around of the new model. Not in English
It will be of limited use for us then. :lol:
Indeed. Muted it at work and just wanted to have a look at walk around/interior
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

The Powershift Puma uses the 1.0ltr mild Hybrid Ecoboost "Fox" engine. Direct injection. An electrified Ford ST you could say. Oh is it really!

Where as the ST 200ps uses 1.5ltr engine Ecoboost "Dragon" engine. This engine based on an expansion of the 1.0ltr EcoBoost Fox, taking the capacity per cylinder up to 500cc which Ford considered at the time to be the maximum for optimum thermal efficiency. The engine is an all aluminum design with integrated exhaust manifold, low inertia mixed flow turbocharger and combines both port fuel injection and direct fuel injection. Where as in the 1.0ltr and on the powershift I am lead to believe is only directly injected.

So they are both Ecoboost engines in name. But with significant design differences.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Just watched the longer English translation version of the video and I have to say the new Puma is growing on me and I have changed my view from the initial “ not keen” to I’ll probably get another when the time comes, might take a while to get used to the wipers and light stalk all being on the same stick and will be interesting to see if the seats really are more comfortable
AliMac13

Post by AliMac13 »

Not sure if this is the same video, but it's quite a good in-depth review with English sub titles 😁

Puma Titanium 125 agate black
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

AliMac13 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:36 pm Not sure if this is the same video, but it's quite a good in-depth review with English sub titles
Yes it was interesting, although a few times I found myself missing visuals because I was reading the subtitles. :(
I actually prefer the Ford badge on the grille now rather than the nose, and the new headlight details are nicer.
I thought the new optional 19" wheels looked terrible when I first seen them and this video has confirmed it for me. They are optional on ST-Line and ST-Line X but are curiously priced differently - £750 and £500 respectively fitted with same size of tyres. :?
The new Cactus Grey colour should keep the dull and boring brigade happy. :lol:
UbF

Post by UbF »

This will be my first and last Puma if they don't reinstate the physical buttons for climate control - i've no time for that shenanigans and i'm not interested in a downgrade to virtual ones.

Have they not seen that VW group have ditched the virtual rubbish because no one likes it? It's unusable on our roads and with anything 'sporty' it's even worse.
2023 ST Line X 125 MHEV Automatic
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

UbF wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:41 pm This will be my first and last Puma if they don't reinstate the physical buttons for climate control - i've no time for that shenanigans and i'm not interested in a downgrade to virtual ones.
I definitely do understand what you are saying and in general I agree with you, but in the 10 months since I bought my Puma I think I have altered the cabin temperature maybe 3 times so its not so bad.
I have used the heated seat many times and for some reason still sometimes struggle to immediately find the button, but I see they are located at opposite edges of the touch screen now so should actually be easier to find.
I think it is something we would all get used to so definitely dont think it is a reason to dismiss a particular car because they all seem to be heading this way, if not done so already.
Give me a choice of physical buttons though and I will always choose them. :)
UbF

Post by UbF »

Nope, i refuse to get used to substandard retrogrades. Virtual buttons are a pain in the ass when the tarmac is as bad as it is. There is just no need, what have they put in place of them - nothing useful. 2 ruddy great big screens, the near A4 one is too big and will be too bright for the size of the car - all it will be is an illuminated nightmare in the dark. Just not a fan at all.

It's something that VW have had to step away from after a massive vote of no confidence from buyers, same as Honda. Ford have got this wrong.
2023 ST Line X 125 MHEV Automatic
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Voice control of the various functions is far better than virtual buttons.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.