200hp discontinued?

Ford Puma ST Chat
mrbouffant

Post by mrbouffant »

There are quite a few STs coming into the network in the next few weeks as I understand it. To buy or not to buy...

Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

mrbouffant wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:38 pm To buy or not to buy...
That is the question. :)
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
DB74

Post by DB74 »

Surely Ford aren't going to discontinue the 200bhp ST now?

https://www.whatcar.com/news/car-of-the ... ear/n25371
Puma ST, Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Rizmo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:33 pm I've checked the Arnold Clark website and it appears that you can't order a factory Puma atm. Maybe the facelift is nearer than first thought.
I was in the dealer today to do the paperwork prior to picking up the next one on Tuesday and the new Puma deliveries are due in the 3rd quarter, also asked if it’s much different and from what they have seen just a very minor external facelift along the fiesta/focus nose. Also dealer stock levels back to pre covid times
mrbouffant

Post by mrbouffant »

It's getting the newer/bigger infotainment isn't it?
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

I’ll ask Tuesday but I assume so, apparently they have seen a couple of the external pictures so release must be soon, also said more expensive and higher APR on finance but no surprise there!
Deleted User 2212

Post by Deleted User 2212 »

My recently purchased, but 2022 model, Focus Estate Vignale has the larger display. It’s great tbh, but compared to the new Puma my Wife got in November it looks huge and takes some getting used to. It’s going to look massive when mounted on the Puma size dash.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

I would assume that the dash will be redesigned to accomodate, rather than simply a larger infotainment screen substituted for the existing one.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 2212

Post by Deleted User 2212 »

The difference in the Ficus is that the heater controls are on screen with the larger system, so the screen sits slightly further down where the controls sit with the smaller version. Looks the same otherwise.

Post by 4251 »

Well I completely lost interest in the Focus ST after having many due to the hideous interior strip out on the MK4.5, nothing good or improved about it whatsoever, just cost cutting. Plus the Transit front end looks which spoiled the front end too. Seems Ford cars are following the style of the vans rather than the other way around, not surprising since that’s where Ford now makes its money.

Then again as it’s a face lift it will maintain its shape. Never been a lover of the frog eye (Juke) lights so a restyling there would be good. But it is becoming increasingly apparent that Ford is changing its styling completely, look at new electric car and the new Courier van! Boxy Boxy, looks like their new design style going forward. They can keep those!