200hp discontinued?

Ford Puma ST Chat
mrbouffant

Post by mrbouffant »

Sorry if this was already covered elsewhere.

Talked to a main dealer this week about ordering a 200hp ST. He claimed you cannot anymore because Ford have discontinued it due to emissions legislation.

He suggested the only chance of getting one would be to see what preregs were available in the dealer network.

Is this true? Will the 1.0 170 be the only ST choice going forwards?

matthen

Post by matthen »

Checking the website, it looks like they have pulled the 1.5 -

There was some discussion here about the viability of continuing to make the 1.5 engine : not many of their models actually use it. Could well have been pulled...

Or the order books have been closed until the facelift is released: either or.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green

Post by 4251 »

Still available on configurator, heard statements like that before from dealers, especially BSM. Kuga uses the 1.5 in great numbers and is the biggest selling version by a million miles. Ford are in a mess, surely they wouldn’t sacrifice many thousand sales!?

They still do the Focus 2.3 ST which is the only car I am aware of in UK that uses that engine. And what an engine that is, one of the best if not the best they’ve ever made. Well not 100% accurate as it’s evolved from a 00’s Mazda block same as the mk3 2.0
matthen

Post by matthen »

Ah, my mistake- only looked at the first page of the configurator.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Pbirdman

Post by Pbirdman »

I can still select it
Hell I can still configure a Ford Fiesta on it's own site even though it's meant to be discontinued ????
Ford Puma Vignale Magnetic 155bhp Manuel - Panoramic Roof + Drivers Pack + Power Tailgate + Spare Tyre
halfmeasures

Post by halfmeasures »

mrbouffant wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:06 am Sorry if this was already covered elsewhere.

Talked to a main dealer this week about ordering a 200hp ST. He claimed you cannot anymore because Ford have discontinued it due to emissions legislation.

He suggested the only chance of getting one would be to see what preregs were available in the dealer network.

Is this true? Will the 1.0 170 be the only ST choice going forwards?
I’d be very surprised if they dropped this model. Was the dealer trying to sell you an ST from stock?
ST-Line X 155 PS First Edition Desert Island Blue (previous)
ST-Line X 155 PS in Lucid Red (current)
Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

I've got another ST 200BHP on order to replace my existing one which is coming to the end of its PCP agreement. Haven't been notified they've pulled it and will be very disappointed if they have.
Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

Pbirdman wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:52 pm I can still select it
Hell I can still configure a Ford Fiesta on it's own site even though it's meant to be discontinued ????
I was debating about getting another Puma ST or going for a Fiesta ST with all the extras. The dealer told me you can't buy a new Fiesta ST unless they had some in stock somewhere. I mentioned it is still on Ford's website with the configurator and they replied it would be removed soon. So, another Puma it is. BTW, I absolutely love the Puma, I've already had 2. Just thought the Fiesta ST would be cheaper on PCP and with the money saved, could get a nice pair of Focal Utopia 2's 🤣
mrbouffant

Post by mrbouffant »

Dealer is now claiming it's the upcoming facelift model which will be 170hp 1.0 ecoboost only for the ST.

Not sure what to do now. Order a 200 now or wait for the facelift and hope he's wrong..
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I've checked the Arnold Clark website and it appears that you can't order a factory Puma atm. Maybe the facelift is nearer than first thought.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.