Tyres

All Ford Puma related discussions
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

MrT wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:53 pmIf I was living in Scotland, I would probably choose all season tyres, unless I had 2 sets of wheels.
If I lived in the North of Scotland I would probably do the same. Trust me you don't slide off the road as soon as you cross the border from England. :D
Ive lived in Scotland all my life and been driving for 40 years but never felt the need to use anything other than the tyres my cars came with.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

In the end I ordered Continental CONTINENTAL 215/50R18 92W FR ULTRACONTACT

They are B for fuel and A for wet grip. £154 each from Asda Tyres.

However I rang the fitters I chose just to double check they are ok (booked in for Monday) and he was a right miserable git! Said he’s taking bookings for 12/02 and couldn’t guarantee he would fit them until then. I said Ok, I’ll maybe look at another local fitter and he just hung up.

Now the problem is getting a damn reply from Asda. Three emails and nothing. Waited on their chat and nothing yet.

Good thing is I paid on credit card via PayPal so I have some protection if I cancel.

Used them twice before with no issues but I think they have just started using this fitter.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Vendee wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:32 am EfficientGrip is a Goodyear tyre, not Bridgestone. If the car came with W rated tyres then it may effect any insurance claim you make if you have downgraded to a V rating.

Definitely a no no as far as the insurance is - unless you ring them first and ask if it’s ok. Ask for it in writing though as technically you should not fit a lower rated tyre than is recommended. Does it say in the information on the door panel?

As for winter tyres - yes grip wise but how about economy?
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Stoopo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:59 am Good thing is I paid on credit card via PayPal so I have some protection if I cancel.
Be aware that you could lose your Section 75 rights when using your credit credit card via PayPal.
I use PayPal linked to my credit card all the time for low value purchases, but for anything over £100 I always pay direct using my credit card.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credi ... Section75/
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It's Asda, just cancel them and order the correct ones?
Personally I'd order and get them fitted from someone who does it on the drive.... ;)
You can get the original Conti eco contacts from etyres... https://www.etyres.co.uk/continental/ec ... ocontact-6
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I’ve got it sorted. Tyres wise I’m happy with the ones I’ve ordered. Not a lot of difference to the eco contact 6.

Changed fitters now.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:46 am It's Asda, just cancel them and order the correct ones?
Personally I'd order and get them fitted from someone who does it on the drive.... ;)
You can get the original Conti eco contacts from etyres... https://www.etyres.co.uk/continental/ec ... ocontact-6
Decent option. Mine are b a I think with 69db.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stoopo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:41 pm I’ve got it sorted. Tyres wise I’m happy with the ones I’ve ordered. Not a lot of difference to the eco contact 6.

Changed fitters now.
Except for the W vs V problem... :)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Sparks wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:12 pm
Stoopo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:41 pm I’ve got it sorted. Tyres wise I’m happy with the ones I’ve ordered. Not a lot of difference to the eco contact 6.

Changed fitters now.
Haha - I’ll blame you if they won’t fit them 🤣
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Stoopo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:37 pm
Sparks wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:12 pm
Haha - I’ll blame you if they won’t fit them 🤣
But you bought W rated tyres so everything is ok, or have I misunderstood?

This whole speed rating thing can be a bit confusing...expecially when manufacturers tend to fit tyres rated far in excess of what the car is capable of.
Technically no Puma should require a speed rating any higher than V which is 149mph.
Ford fit Y rated tyres with a load of 93 (650kg) to the ST which is 186mph, but top speed of the car is only 137mph.