noise and vibrations

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Allymac101

Post by Allymac101 »

I am experiencing a rattle from the steering column area when going over uneven and rough roads I have checked to see if anything loose around the steering wheel but nothing anyone had the same? It's getting worse and I'm out of warranty now😫

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Allymac101 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:38 pm I am experiencing a rattle from the steering column area when going over uneven and rough roads I have checked to see if anything loose around the steering wheel but nothing anyone had the same? It's getting worse and I'm out of warranty now😫
There is a known issue with the incorrect size bolts securing the steering column on some pumas. You need to take it to a Ford garage who should know exactly what the problem is or you should take it to an independent garage and point them in the direction of the securing bolts
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
UbF

Post by UbF »

Mine is off in to resolve a light clonking / clunking. Pretty sure it's subframe or rear engine or trans mount. I'm not remotely concerned though. Teething issues and all under warranty. Dealer dead easy to deal with about it.
2023 ST Line X 125 MHEV Automatic
nyckuk

Post by nyckuk »

UbF wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:29 pm Mine is off in to resolve a light clonking / clunking. Pretty sure it's subframe or rear engine or trans mount. I'm not remotely concerned though. Teething issues and all under warranty. Dealer dead easy to deal with about it.
Let us know the out come
UbF

Post by UbF »

Booked in for Friday this week so will report back once they've had a prod. Tbh if it wasn't for the fact iour summer car is in the way, i'd pull it over the pit in my garage and inspect it myself.
UbF

Post by UbF »

So no joy. Noise vanished but I did find the other rattle, seat adjustment bar on the passenger seat was jangling. Moved the seat back a few notches and boom - silence again.