Things improving - New Factory order - From order to delivery in just over 8 weeks

All Ford Puma related discussions
sfootboy

Post by sfootboy »

Hi
I haven't posted for a while but still regularly check out the forum. As a Ford Privilege customer (through my Ford employee son in the Dagenham plant), I normally change my cars just short of 2 years to avoid servicing and other costs etc. My previous Puma was a factory ordered ST Line X 125ps, Fantastic Red +Driver Assistance pack and it took 5 months from order to delivery in Jan 2022.
Whilst I was really happy with that car, I decided to order a factory order replacement on 23 Oct 2023 - exactly the same model and colour but with added Led lights. My dealer advised me that it would take 5 months.
About 2 weeks later, my dealer phoned to let me know that it had already been built at the Craiova plant and was already on its way and I was suprised as I was expecting to eventually get a 2024 plate.
The car arrived at my local dealer in West Wales on 22 Dec 2023 only about 8 weeks after my order and my dealer invited me there to see it. However, due to Xmas shutdown, it couldn't be prepared and I was unable to pick it up until Fri 5th Jan.
Absolutely delighted with it, and the only diffference I can tell at this stage is that some of the settings are contolled on the Sync 3 screen instead of steering wheel screen.
What a difference to getting a Puma from how how it was about 2 years ago.

Markgibb45

Post by Markgibb45 »

fairly similar story with mine.

I too am a Privilege customer through my uncle who worked in a dealership here in NI. only difference being i paid deposit in early August and picked my Puma ST in Azura blue on Saturday 6th Jan which had been registered as a 2024 car on the 5th january.

it really is a privilege being able to buy new cars in this way, i doubt i'd be able to were it not for the benefits it affords. we're lucky.

August - January really isn't a terrible wait time, especially considering my car had to get from Romania to Northern Ireland and all the transportation that entails.

couldn't be happier.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

A lot of the supply chain issues have been resolved now. There may be something to them rushing out as many of the old models before the facelifts come in.
Either way, it's good news for new build orders.
Glad you are both happy with your deals and deliveries.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Ams

Post by Ams »

You’re lucky. I placed order back in June 2023 and my dealer now reckons that it will be here 17th February. I even had to send an email to Ford CEO to move things along.
Puma ST Auto 1.0 (170PS) mHEV Frozen White DAP PR :D