2 year point 🥳

All Ford Puma related discussions
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

The Puma turned 2 years old the other day - ST LineX 155.

Was looking for a car with a bigger boot - we have a dog and spend a bit of time touring the UK so needed something with a lot of space - the mega box ticked all those boxes (pun intended πŸ˜†).

At the time - just after Covid - it was difficult to find a decent second hand one and prices were as much as brand new so bit the bullet and ordered new from an on-line dealer. This gave me the opportunity to add options to the build. Went for Winter pack, Driver Assistance pack and electric boot. Ummmed and ahhhhed re LED lights - current car at the time had them and they were brilliant but 900 quid 😬. Decided not to as I don't drive much on dark unlit country roads (3 times in 2 years) and felt the electric boot was more useful.

Then the wait began πŸ™ˆ. Took nearly 6 months before it was in my possession! In the meantime I joined this forum. Cor, anxiety levels went through the roof - deep sleep issues, battery packing up, bits falling off, tyre tread too low (that must have been a 50 page discussion all for nothing really as that's how it's made on those specific tyres), Sync issues, body panels not fitted properly and daily visits to the dealer made me wonder if it was the right choice.

So, this is what happened over 2 years -

Deep sleep issues - nil
Battery type - Rombat
Any bits fallen off - nil
Body panels fit - yes
Tyre tread - 50% after 2 years of driving in all conditions
Mileage - 13100
MPG - 53.8 over 2 years
Failed to start - nil
Sync issues - a couple when trying to update it. Got Ford Customer care involved. Now use AA wireless so Sync can go do one now πŸ™‚ - thanks to a recommendation from here
2 things happened on the exact 2 year anniversary date - oil life went to zero ( got it serviced) and "change key fob Battery" message popped up. Changed battery and checked old one - still had 82% charge - only thing to complain about!
Steering rack is fine

So, basically, nothing has gone wrong in the 2 years of ownership. It's around now when I start looking for a new one. Not this time. Its done everything I have asked it to do with zero issues. Can't find a better one .

So, here it is - a positive post.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Nice synopsis....It's great on a forum like this to get the positives as forums are mainly used when people have issues.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Yes nice to see a positive post, I am on my second Puma now and have never had any issues with the cars themselves.
The software and the Sync system updates can be a little troublesome but a few well directed emails usually gets it sorted.
I waiting for official information on the facelift model before I decide what the next car will be but I can’t fault it for my use.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

A really good, no nonsense assessment that. πŸ‘
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It is rumoured that the last orders for the current derivative is the end of March. There will be some bargains if your not to fussed about the facelift model.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Good to see you are enjoying your car and it has been fault free. I can understand your anxiety levels going through the roof if you have been following the forum.
I had very few issues - noisy brakes but nothing that really bothered me( Ford were very thorough looking into this issue) and a poor Pdi which i cannot blame the car or Ford for, an app issue for oil life after its service which could have been the dealer ??
I found Ford pretty good at helping with any queries unlike BMW who don't really care and even received some money back due to them not resolving the app problem.
I would happily have another and even though i like my new car i still miss the Puma and hope it is getting looked after as well as i took care of it.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

This post would have been helpful a few months ago. I too had anxious moments after reading all the issues.

I was also concerned about being in Italy and having issues using warranty, but I logged in to Ford.it and car was there with all the warranty info.
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Good thread. Remember you can always extend the warranty for a 4th year like I have. The car is good and I’m happy to wait until I see something I really want to replace it with.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.