Rear View Camera

All Ford Puma related discussions
Exduster

Post by Exduster »

Anyone disappointed with the rear view camera when it's raining or mucky weather? Mine is nigh on useless and I am going to try RainX on it to see if that helps the clarity as hopefully it will help to shed the water from it. Most likely due to poor mounting position. I'll need to try and see if I can alter anything about it, though I doubt if that will be possible.
ST Line X Grey matter 155 PS with Driver Assistance Pack, Winter Pack, Power Tailgate with Keyless Entry, Number Plate holders, Mudflaps & Lanoguard Underseal :D

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Agreed, in wet weather it's not too good for anything detailed and if there's been mud about, it's dire.
I've got into the habit of giving it a wipe each time I have to use the tailgate for any reason.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Sparks wrote: ↑Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:38 pm Agreed, in wet weather it's not too good for anything detailed and if there's been mud about, it's dire.

I've got into the habit of giving it a wipe each time I have to use the tailgate for any reason.
I could be really childish with this but I won't .... πŸ˜„πŸ™‚
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Curryhouse wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:07 am
Sparks wrote: ↑Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:38 pm Agreed, in wet weather it's not too good for anything detailed and if there's been mud about, it's dire.

I could be really childish with this but I won't .... πŸ˜„πŸ™‚
:lol: :lol: :lol: Should have seen that coming myself..... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
PumaSTpete

Post by PumaSTpete »

Just fitted mudflats to my Puma. I found the amount of spray thrown up is worse than on any other car πŸš— I’ve owned.
They have made a massive improvement to muck getting over the rear tailgate as well . Camera stays cleaner for longer.
2022 Puma ST
Fantastic Red
Performance Pack
Drivers Assistance Pack
Exduster

Post by Exduster »

Got the rear mudflaps fitted but still not great. Not too concerned really, just a little annoying. I suppose the climate we live in doesn't help either. :lol:
ST Line X Grey matter 155 PS with Driver Assistance Pack, Winter Pack, Power Tailgate with Keyless Entry, Number Plate holders, Mudflaps & Lanoguard Underseal :D