My ST MPG On A Run

Ford Puma ST Chat
roycross

Post by roycross »

Just noticed this thread. My ST-Line MHEV has averaged 49.65 mpg over the 38,200 miles it's done since February 2022. It's been a delight. My biggest (and only) problem so far was being defeated trying to replace the battery in the key fob!
2022 Puma 1.0 EcoBoost Hybrid mHEV ST-Line

Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

You guys are doing really well with your MPG's. I'm getting 38.8MPG on E10 in Sport Mode (12K miles, 2 Years). I don't use normal mode as it feels sluggish (Probably due to thinking ooooh I like this). Sport (most of the time) and Track while driving round country roads (In the dry lol).
Never found a reason yet to use Launch control though :-)
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Just thought I'd add to this thread for info only.

Did a 286 mile round trip on Saturday and averaged 39.6 mpg. Very happy, especially as it's running m235 from Mountune.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

35.1 AVG mpg, 500mile round trip. ST, Performance Pack, Mountune M260. Mostly motorway, no major hold up, very slow on part of M42 and a 30min dely (creaping along) due to an accident, cruise control at times, in sport mode and on shell V-power fuel.
Fuel at £1. 45 ltr in the North and a rip off price in the South at £1.649 Ltd.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

I have just done the same journey as I started this thread with...well with a slight extension.
After doing the first journey I mentioned about the storm conditions on the outward journey which I believed would be negaitvely affecting the overall average fuel consumption of 45.2mpg, and that I reckoned 50mpg should be possible in more favourable conditions.
The extra few miles consisted of urban driving and a visit to Dobbies for coffee and cake (free with my Dobbies card birthday treat), and more importantly 2 extra starts of the engine.
Again trip computer reset while stationary before the outward journey then majority of driving being dual carriageway and motorway with probably around 8 miles of urban, and photo taken immediately after arriving home.
I reckon this is right at the upper limit of what the Puma ST is capable of on this type of run, so if anybody says they can get more I would say they are being economical with the truth. :lol:

MPG.jpg

2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
matthen

Post by matthen »

Less than a thousand miles? Barely run in, she'll do better as she loosens up.

I've not got any pictures of mine showing that sort of numbers - generally it'll climb up into the low 50s if you keep below 60 mph, and avoid rapid acceleration.

I've been prioritising time over fuel recently though.
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

matthen wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:12 pm Less than a thousand miles? Barely run in, she'll do better as she loosens up.
Yep, and I've managed to do all those miles in only 8 months from new. :P
The highest figure I seen during the day was when it briefly climbed to 55 on a long gentle downhill section of motorway which I thought was amazing, but the overall average always brings this down.

I am not bothered about calculating a 100% accurate figure because the cars computer is good enough for me. :)
matthen

Post by matthen »

Ron240 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:08 pm
matthen wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:12 pm Less than a thousand miles? Barely run in, she'll do better as she loosens up.
Yep, and I've managed to do all those miles in only 8 months from new. :P
The highest figure I seen during the day was when it briefly climbed to 55 on a long gentle downhill section of motorway which I thought was amazing, but the overall average always brings this down.

I am not bothered about calculating a 100% accurate figure because the cars computer is good enough for me. :)
Aha, the highest I've recorded was 53 MPG on a run round to Cambridge and back - kept it down to 60, motorway/DC all the way.

I've not done less than 750 miles in a month since last July - although this month may change that. Can't imagine going to the expense of owning a car for less than 150 miles a month!

Takes all sorts though 👍
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

matthen wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:21 pm the highest I've recorded was 53 MPG on a run round to Cambridge and back - kept it down to 60, motorway/DC all the way.

Can't imagine going to the expense of owning a car for less than 150 miles a month!
If your 53 was an overall average at the end of the journey after performing a reset while stationary before starting then I'm impressed. :D

I have actually questioned the logic in this myself, but I have always had nice cars so I still want one whether I actually need it or not. :lol:
It's fully paid for so money is not a factor.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

I have just done the same journey again outward on Sunday and returning today, so after 2 of these journeys in as many weeks my cars mileage has climbed to a heady 1,120. :mrgreen:
Despite actively trying I simply could not better my previous whole journey average of 51mpg, so I am satisfied in my mind that to stand any chance of achieving a proper end to end average higher than this the journey distance would need to be significantly higher and include longer motorway sections than the 110 miles that mine was...and even then it would probably be no more than 2 or 3mpg at absolute maximum.
It may be possible to see an in journey average hgher than 51 (and I did), but not as and end to end whole journey average with a reset at the start while stationary.
Thats my experiment done now, so I will be enjoying my car from now on. :D