Heater blower stopped working

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Hello all, a little guidance for those that may experience this fault.

As background, car was working perfectly. Took a short holiday in Germany for four days with car left parked on the drive at home. On return I jumped in the car last night and blower wouldn’t work! All climate controls lit and working but no fan…

Anyhow had a look this morning and tried the following:
Soft reset of Sync - still not working
Disconnect battery for one minute then reconnect- still not working
Check fuse in engine bay (not the easiest job, who thought this assembly was a good idea?) fuse okay.
Reassemble fuse box and hey presto a working fan!

The advice above was over the phone from my local dealer who couldn’t look at the car until next week.

If I were to experience this fault again, would remove and replace the two mass cable connectors on top of the fuse box first. Have since seen some advice on a Fiesta Mk8 OC forum which seems to corroborate this.

Hope someone will find the above useful…
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Thanks for the information....As you say, hopefully it will help anyone else unfortunate enough to experience the problem.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
RonN

Post by RonN »

I am experiencing the same problem, after the car has been idle for a while the fan does not work. I had also unplugged the fuse box to check the fuses, but they were all good. After I checked to see if there was an error code in the system the fan suddenly worked again.
That was a few months ago. Now again after a few days of standing still the same thing, but now disconnecting the two cables on the fuse box and checking for error codes doesn't work anymore...
Maybe after a few starts it will work again.