Winter Pack retrofit

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Littlelegs

Post by Littlelegs »

Hi, my wife and I have brought a 21 plate Puma, and was wondering could a winter pack be retrofitted and at what cost.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hi welcome to the forum.
Google 'Retro fit heated seat' Quite a few offerings...Seem to start around £350 per seat, which seems a lot to me and I wouldn't consider it worth the money.
My Vignale has them as standard, but, only my wife tends to use them when it's really cold. I never find them necessary.
I think the heated steering wheel is a harder one to solve, but there are suggestions it's possible. However, financially would it be viable?
You could try heated seat covers... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Littlelegs wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:19 pm Hi, my wife and I have brought a 21 plate Puma, and was wondering could a winter pack be retrofitted and at what cost.
Highly unlikely. The cost, if it was possible, which I very much doubt, would be extortionate.
Remembering we are talking seat retention/air bags and such like and for the purpose of design compliance and safety you would need new unmodified Ford original parts.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Just for information. My wife had heated seats retrofitted into her Yaris Sport by the dealer (Free to make the sale), they said they do it all the time and the chap comes weekly to fit them.
They are working perfectly....They couldn't change the steering wheel though.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Sparks wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:55 pm Hi welcome to the forum.
Google 'Retro fit heated seat' Quite a few offerings...Seem to start around £350 per seat, which seems a lot to me and I wouldn't consider it worth the money.
My Vignale has them as standard, but, only my wife tends to use them when it's really cold. I never find them necessary.
I think the heated steering wheel is a harder one to solve, but there are suggestions it's possible. However, financially would it be viable?
You could try heated seat covers... ;) :D
I literally only spec heated seats for my wife. She is ALWAYS cold, and turning the air con up, even in bloody 40 degree Italy heat! So they are to warm her up without making me feel like I'm going to die. Heated steering wheel however, all me. Had one in a grandland X and it was awesome. Not much use till after Italy though
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate
the radman

Post by the radman »

i fitted a heated wheel to my focus st,pretty straight forward just a new module and the correct switch,no wiring was needed,as for the seats you would need to find some heated ones from a breakers as it would be much easier to swap the entire seat rather than stripping and fitting the heating elements to your own,you will need to ask around and do some research to see if the wirings already there etc
Littlelegs

Post by Littlelegs »

Thank you all for your reply’s, as one person commented, it’s just for the wife as I drive a different car that already has them. 😉. Guess she will have to get used to have a cold bum.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

I have read countless posts on car forums about people wanting to retrofit factory fitted options to their cars. There is even a thread first started well over 3 years ago currently running here about retrofitting a power tailgate.
Sometimes these things can be done and sometimes not, but all come at a cost which is more than ticking the box when ordering new.
The lesson to be learned is try to make sure the car you buy already has the options that you desire. :)
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
the radman

Post by the radman »

all factory options can be retro fitted if you know what your doing but as ron says the costs are far more than speccing it at the factory,the only problem with buying a used car is finding one with all the options you want,if you want full spec then they are few and far between as gone are the days when you could add an option for £150 or so,nowadays they all seem to be in "packages" so your looking at £500 + each time resulting in fewer options being ticked when new,in the past ive retro fitted loads of things to previous cars but nowadays i try and find a car with it factory fitted even if it does take a lot longer to find
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Anything is possible but the winter pack includes heated seats ,steering wheel and climate control.

All of these could be fitted but the costs would be ridiculously astronomical and certainly not viable.