Cross traffic alert, windows and mirrors

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Howdy from Oz. My wife has a 2021 Puma ST line. The car has been pretty good except for a frequently recurring 'glitch' whereby the dash alerts ' cross traffic blah blah inactive' and the windows and power mirrors don't work. Another issue is the key fob alert that 'battery is low' won't go away in spite of a new battery- I digress.
We originally had the mirrors set to auto retract- when the fault occurred, they might half way in or out.Not helpful.
Battery disconnect made no difference. No fault on OBD2 scanner.
I then had to look at the fuses- insane the way they've done both the engine bay plethora and the passenger footwell fuses.
Solution: removing both the left and right power window fuses and reinstalling them appears to reset the issue. What I am unhappy about is having to crawl about with some surgical forceps to get to the two most inaccessible fuses. We've also set to mirrors to remain out.
Obviously I've googled the problem, but it seems I' alone here.
Any other people with the issue, and does Ford have a solution? It is is going for a service in a week or so and I don't want a ' oh, they all do that' answer!
Thanks!!

Pbirdman

Post by Pbirdman »

Have you tried doing a BMR (Battery Management Reset) reset to reset the Battery logic - I believe this should be done every time you change the Battery and can help resolve certain issues
Ford Puma Vignale Magnetic 155bhp Manuel - Panoramic Roof + Drivers Pack + Power Tailgate + Spare Tyre
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Ta. I have not- is the process in the manual?
I’ll try searching too!
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

I’ve done it. 5 flashes/ 3 pumps. We’ll see what happens.
Pbirdman

Post by Pbirdman »

Yes the process is in the manual
Just for anyone else interested as I see you have already found the process :)

Good Luck
Ford Puma Vignale Magnetic 155bhp Manuel - Panoramic Roof + Drivers Pack + Power Tailgate + Spare Tyre
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the forum.
If the battery reset doesn't work then definitely a dealer job...Not heard of the problem from anyone else on here.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

I'm glad to hear no one else has the same poltergeist! ( makes me a little worried though....)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Just let the dealer sort it out under warranty. May just be a software issue.
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

Update: had a service, my wife explained the problem, when she picked it up ' we replaced something in the door'- I don't think so, as the invoice says something about updated software.
Anyhoo, it is still happening and now the previous fix, isn't fixing it.....not happy Jan.
Anyone want a lightly used Puma?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Straight back to the dealer, I'd never accept 'we replaced something' without knowing exactly what they had done.
If it's like it is here, the person you speak to on the service desk knows nothing about anything technical (maybe I should get a job there?).
I take it you've tried turning the auto fold on and off in the settings. (forgive the stupid question..) :(