1Y Experience with the Mountune M260 Upgrade and Issues

Upgrading your Puma, Mods, Accessories, Upgrades
Paradoxoner

Post by Paradoxoner »

Rays1 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:21 pm Mean Green is now not available for the ST.
I have the same M260 upgrade as you have apart from the roll restrictor it is exactly as yours for M260.
Resisted the roll restrictor due to the potential increase in virbration.
Do you have the performance pack. I do.
You never mentioned if you run the vehicle on 97Ron or not. My ST has been run on the stuff since new. My ST has 17K on the clock. Never cained. Serviced IAW Ford recommendations. I haven't noticed any running issues whatsoever. Sweet as a nut. How much oil is your catch can receiving.
I intend to fit the Mountune Stainless steel back box exhaust.
I have the performance package, yes.
Mostly I run on 97RON and higher (for example 102 Octane from Aral in Germany). The higher the Ron the less issues I get. The vibrations from the roll restrictor are increased but it's been alright imo so far. And mine works perfectly fine if you drive it properly, except the eco mode. I believe there might be a coding issue with eco mode from Ford, because I had an accident more than a year ago (all damage repaired). And they mentioned that something was funny with the coding. My steering had issues due to the coding for example. But nowadays I can't really go to ford about these issues in Germany because my car is modified and they HATE that...

My oil catch can barely has any oil. I didn't service it yet, I ran it now for 20000km and it's around half way full. I swap my oil every 15k km btw.

The reason I use so much oil (I believe) is because running the car at full speed for ages will just heat up the oil a little too much, but still in acceptable limits.

Have you tried switching into ECO mode on the highway? At around 120kmh you'll pretty much immediately feel strong vibrations from the steering wheel, at least I do...
Furious Green Ford Puma ST-X
Mountune M260 Upgrades
Foresight Short-shift
And much more :)

Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

I fitted the Mountune roll restrictor approx 250 miles ago and it's transformed the gearchanges so they're nice and slick BUT the vibrations around 2800rpm on the motorway makes the car feel like it's missfiring with vibration through the steering wheel and chassis.
I thought it could be the Dreamscience map where i was running the 97 map so changed it to the 95ron map and today it was the same so i'm now thinking of fitting the standard mount back in with the Powerflex inserts
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green
Paradoxoner

Post by Paradoxoner »

Robby71 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:41 pm I fitted the Mountune roll restrictor approx 250 miles ago and it's transformed the gearchanges so they're nice and slick BUT the vibrations around 2800rpm on the motorway makes the car feel like it's missfiring with vibration through the steering wheel and chassis.
I thought it could be the Dreamscience map where i was running the 97 map so changed it to the 95ron map and today it was the same so i'm now thinking of fitting the standard mount back in with the Powerflex inserts
Thats actually really interesting because at 2800rpm I do not hace those issues at all, anything below that with ECO mode is impossible and I had an actual misfire with that before. But in sport mode it doesnt matter, unless I full throttle in high gears below 2500rpm
Mountune M260 Upgrades
Foresight Short-shift
matthen

Post by matthen »

You run 102 octane fuel and burn it at a rate of 16MPG - you're mad πŸ˜… : hope you're doing this in a tax efficient way πŸ˜…

Weird you're seeing problems below 2.5K rpm. Suprised monotune haven't been more helpful -
Puma ST (Performance Pack) in Mean Green
Paradoxoner

Post by Paradoxoner »

matthen wrote: ↑Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:34 am You run 102 octane fuel and burn it at a rate of 16MPG - you're mad πŸ˜… : hope you're doing this in a tax efficient way πŸ˜…

Weird you're seeing problems below 2.5K rpm. Suprised monotune haven't been more helpful -
Yes what I am doing is actually tax efficient haha, but who knows how long the no-speed-limit laws last in germany right? I couldnt live with myself knowing I didnt use this time wisely while it lasts... But yeah mountune is just confused about this issue.
Mountune M260 Upgrades
Foresight Short-shift
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Paradoxoner....here is little trick for you. To service/empty the oil from the oil catch can.
No need to remove it from the car. Get hold of a used plastic trigger spray bottle. Remove the pump spray assembly. Give it a clean. Then remove the oil dip stick from the vehicles catch can. Insert the tube of the trigger spray into the dip stick hole until it reaches the bottom of the catch can. Then simply pump out the old oil into a suitable container making sure not to spill any.
Paradoxoner

Post by Paradoxoner »

Rays1 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:04 am Paradoxoner....here is little trick for you. To service/empty the oil from the oil catch can.
No need to remove it from the car. Get hold of a used plastic trigger spray bottle. Remove the pump spray assembly. Give it a clean. Then remove the oil dip stick from the vehicles catch can. Insert the tube of the trigger spray into the dip stick hole until it reaches the bottom of the catch can. Then simply pump out the old oil into a suitable container making sure not to spill any.
Sounds like a good idea, but I will need to replace the foam/filter inside at some point, right? Do you have a guesstimate when that should be?
Mountune M260 Upgrades
Foresight Short-shift
Robby71

Post by Robby71 »

Paradoxoner wrote: ↑Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:26 am
Robby71 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:41 pm I fitted the Mountune roll restrictor approx 250 miles ago and it's transformed the gearchanges so they're nice and slick BUT the vibrations around 2800rpm on the motorway makes the car feel like it's missfiring with vibration through the steering wheel and chassis.
Thats actually really interesting because at 2800rpm I do not hace those issues at all, anything below that with ECO mode is impossible and I had an actual misfire with that before. But in sport mode it doesnt matter, unless I full throttle in high gears below 2500rpm
Last night i ordered the red Powerflex inserts for the standard mount, hoping they'll be here for the weekend to fit and try - hope they cure the vibration and still give a positive gearchange
2022 Puma ST, Performance Pack, Driver assist pack - Mean Green
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

Paradoxoner wrote: ↑Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:43 am
Rays1 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:04 am Paradoxoner....here is little trick for you. To service/empty the oil from the oil catch can.
Sounds like a good idea, but I will need to replace the foam/filter inside at some point, right? Do you have a guesstimate when that should be?
No Paradoxoner and yes your correct, in fact I have asked a similar question, but so far Mountune have yet to respond. I asked if a replacement gauze filter specifically manufactured for the Mountune oil catch can is available to purchase. I will ask them again.
On the subject of vibration and Eco mode. It prompted me to run my ST in Eco mode with M260 software installed only just today. It never occurred to me to try it. In fact since having the car I have hardly ever run my ST in Eco, let alone with the M260 software installed.
Anyway I tried it. No virbration or any detectable issue. However what did surprise me was the kick in the back, when switching out of Eco mode with the simple press of the "sport button" I wasn't expecting that.....
Paradoxoner

Post by Paradoxoner »

Rays1 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:56 pm
Paradoxoner wrote: ↑Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:43 am
No Paradoxoner and yes your correct, in fact I have asked a similar question, but so far Mountune have yet to respond. I asked if a replacement gauze filter specifically manufactured for the Mountune oil catch can is available to purchase. I will ask them again.
On the subject of vibration and Eco mode. It prompted me to run my ST in Eco mode with M260 software installed only just today. It never occurred to me to try it. In fact since having the car I have hardly ever run my ST in Eco, let alone with the M260 software installed.
Anyway I tried it. No virbration or any detectable issue. However what did surprise me was the kick in the back, when switching out of Eco mode with the simple press of the "sport button" I wasn't expecting that.....
Yeah the sport mode is quite a difference... I also recently noticed that the track mode does way more to the traction control than just turn off ESC. Even with ESC and things on in that mode (but LC off) you can do a burnout up until 4th gear, whereas sport mode will only slip the tires intermittenly in the same conditions.
And I actually found a service kit for the mountune oil catch can kit in the puma before, but for the life of me I cannot find it again, weird.
But good to know that at least your eco mode works fine, but I only use the sport mode anyways haha. The efficiency gain isnt really that impactful at efficient speeds (80kmh for example). I tested that before the tune tho, but at that exact speed youll burn around 4-5 L/100km (even in sport mode) which is completely alright.
Mountune M260 Upgrades
Foresight Short-shift