Panels

All Ford Puma related discussions
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Hi everyone - new owner here of a 23 Titanium

Really pleased with the Puma so far, much improved fuel economy than on my previous car and really like the smooth ride and the MHEV system.

What's everyones panel alignment like? I noticed with the sun shining at an angle I can see the yellow bonnet release catch in the gap between the bonnet and the bumper - on closer inspection I can't see it generally, but shine a light in there or if the sun hits it an angle you definitely can! - so iv'e made the decision just not to shine a light there :lol: In my previous fords there used to be a rubber trim between the bonnet and the bumper, but that doesn't appear to be present at all.

Overall bodywork is spot on - bit of a gap on each side of the boot, but looking at others, they are all similar I think, some better than others - suspect it will be within tolerance levels.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Welcome to the forum.
Nope, can't see the bonnet catch in mine in general. Not bothered trying to look in sunshine or shine a torch......Just in case... :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

I have caught sight of this when shutting my garage door, but you need to be at just the right angle to see it.
I would think they are all like this because there is no rubber strip on the inside, but its just something that not many people actually notice.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Thanks both - Iv'e already locked the torch up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

I know on some cars the gap can be a little bigger than is desirable. If it bothers you then it can be easily adjusted. There are two bolts either side and just beneath the bonnet which you can lossened off allowing you to push the bumper in at the top to slighty reduce the gap. That said if it is a new car then perhaps best ask your dealership to adjust it. (It is always a good Idea to mark the current position before you loosen it. Just in case it looks worse than before). It takes all of five minutes.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

I have just finished washing my car so had another look at this.
I firmly believe this is not a panel gap issue, because the bonnet release catch would still be visible unless the gap was either zero or the bonnet was sitting noticeably lower than the nose section and therefore out of line.
This is caused by the absence of a rubber strip which prevents viewing inside the gap.
I appreciate that some say the yellow bonnet catch is not visible on their car but this will be down to simply not having noticed it, because you need to have your line of sight at just the right angle otherwise you will not see it.
It's one of those things that once you see it for the first time and are aware of it, you are likely to see it regularly.
I consider it to be no big deal though. :)
RPHYorks

Post by RPHYorks »

I've had my Puma a month or so, it was 3.000 miles and 7 months old when i bought it. I see the yellow catch every time i open the garage door and the Sun shines on the Bonnet,
I did mention it to Perry's Ford Mansfield where i bought the car via e mail. the Salesman thought i probably hadn't shut the bonnet right. Perry's is 57 miles away so i would take it to a closer dealer. Archbold's Morley is 4 miles.
Is this a Base warranty issue ?, i have had a look at a few new new Pumas on the forecourt at Evans Halshaw Batley and i cannot see the yellow catch.
had a quick look at the Catch set up, and just seems to be too much cable (a couple of mm) not allowing the Bonnet to sit down far enough when closed. ( it actually moves the catch slightly back into view )
Solar Silver Puma St line X 125 MHEV
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Hi Welcome to the Forum.
Yes, IMO, it should be covered by warranty, but if it's just out of alignment a little a decent dealer would sort it fairly quickly anyway.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Well if my bonnet was sitting any lower it would be out of line with the noise section.
I would be very interested to look at cars where the yellow release lever is genuinely not visible at all from any angle with bonnet closed.
RPHYorks

Post by RPHYorks »

Ron240 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:25 pm Well if my bonnet was sitting any lower it would be out of line with the noise section.
I would be very interested to look at cars where the yellow release lever is genuinely not visible at all from any angle with bonnet closed.
take a drive down to your local dealer this weekend, and look at the new ones on the forecourt.
its hard to measure the gap without touching the paintwork, ( but paper thickness is .180 inch or 4.5mm )
can hardly see the catch today,as it cloudy, but when the sun shines.
ill have a drive up to the nearest dealer next week,
Solar Silver Puma St line X 125 MHEV