First music gig?.... Favourite gig?

The place to discuss everything else..
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Sparks wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:14 pm
Wowzz wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:34 am Who do I wish I had seen ?
Easy - Otis Redding, ideally with the Bar Kays backing him.
I saw him on the Stax Volt Tour in 67 which was in the April and he died in December.....Unforgettable experience. 8-)
I am very jealous !
I was a member of the "Uptight and Outtasight " Atlantic/Stax record appreciation society. Had the stickers on the engine "bubbles" on my Vespa !
Titanium 125, Solar Silver

manc

Post by manc »

Most memorable: 1. Marvin Gaye Manchester Apollo 1981 2: Bruce Springsteen Roundhey Park Leeds, 1985
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wowzz wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:11 pm
Wowzz wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:34 am Who do I wish I had seen ?
Easy - Otis Redding, ideally with the Bar Kays backing him.
I saw him on the Stax Volt Tour in 67 which was in the April and he died in December.....Unforgettable experience. 8-)
I am very jealous !
I was a member of the "Uptight and Outtasight " Atlantic/Stax record appreciation society. Had the stickers on the engine "bubbles" on my Vespa !
Not a member, but wasn't Johnny Walker president of UaO? Preferred the Lambretta myself.. ;) :D .
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I wish I had seen Queen
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

manc wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:53 pm Most memorable: 1. Marvin Gaye Manchester Apollo 1981 2: Bruce Springsteen Roundhey Park Leeds, 1985
I was at Roundhay Park. Walked there from our house in Moortown.
My wife of one year had a bad hangover and wanted to sell her ticket. Fortunately I talked her out of it, otherwise divorce would have followed !
Unbelievable concert. Still remember that after 90 minutes, Bruce said he was off for a break, and then came back for another two hours !
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Sparks wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:15 pm
Wowzz wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:11 pm

I am very jealous !
Not a member, but wasn't Johnny Walker president of UaO? Preferred the Lambretta myself.. ;) :D .
Yes, it was JW who got me switched on to Stax/Atlantic when he was on Caroline ( I think we may be losing younger members here!)
Vespas had a proper gear box- Lambrettas had a chain drive like a lawn mower ! See, I can still remember the insults after all these years!
ThisIsStav

Post by ThisIsStav »

Not sure about my first gig, but my most memorable would be Marily Manson at the MEN, January 2001 I think?
Blown away by the staging and the whole experience!
robgee

Post by robgee »

Trying to remember mine not sure if it was the human league , culture club or earth wind and fire . Best gig would have been Bowie at Milton Keynes.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Cy8rm4n

Post by Cy8rm4n »

First for me was Iron Maiden at Edinburgh Playhouse 1983.
Best is probably most recent which was The Cult at Cardiff Castle being supported by The Mission & The Alarm, what a line up. Also in the earlier support slot was a solo artist called Lilli Refrain who I’d never heard of but her hypnotic voice is worth a stream if curious.
Also lucky enough to have seen Motörhead (Lemmy), INXS (Michael Hutchence) & Bowie over the years while still with us.
Many more unmentioned & hopefully many more to come. Though the bands are getting a bit old themselves now 😂
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Apart from as already mentioned the older age group of people here, I am also surprised by the apparent number of fellow Scottish members by the venues being mentioned.
It was already closed by the time I went to my first gig but I wish I had experienced the Glasgow Apollo.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.