First music gig?.... Favourite gig?

The place to discuss everything else..
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

FP2022F1T wrote: ↑Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:11 am Also a massive Gary Numan fan from Tubeway Army still to today

First gig was U2 very early days, Boy album was a small room, don't remember much lol

ABC in Leicester De Mont I guess though, they were actually really good and the gold lamay suit

Last gig was Gary Numan on the Savage tour at Roadmender in Northampton
We were quite close but a small venue anyway, absolutely brilliant and loud πŸ”Š, was deaf for a few days, but his new music Mixed with some older stuff was excellent

How he's not been invited to play Glasto I don't know
Saw him during the Metal Rythm album tour in Milton Keynes, The Woughton Centre again brilliant
I met Gary Numan a couple of times as he was a private pilot and part of my job at the airport was dealing with them. The first time we met was at the start of an attempt to fly around the world solo. Can't remember if it was the first (failed) or 2nd successful attempt. He is an amazing Pilot and a qualified aerobatics instructor and flew with an aerobatics team for a while.
Anyway, I can confirm that he is one of the nicest people in the pop world, a real gentleman.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Mike

Post by Mike »

First was Bon Jovi at the Gateshead Stadium

Best is a tough one, I have seen the likes of meat loaf, pink, bon jovi a few times and a few more but would say Michael Buble was the best both times we have seen him.
Stayed in the same hotel as some of his crew and got talking to one of them and they said he is a genuine guy and is the same in real life as he comes across on stage.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Sparks wrote: ↑Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:29 pm
FP2022F1T wrote: ↑Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:11 am Also a massive Gary Numan fan from Tubeway Army still to today

First gig was U2 very early days, Boy album was a small room, don't remember much lol

ABC in Leicester De Mont I guess though, they were actually really good and the gold lamay suit

Last gig was Gary Numan on the Savage tour at Roadmender in Northampton
We were quite close but a small venue anyway, absolutely brilliant and loud πŸ”Š, was deaf for a few days, but his new music Mixed with some older stuff was excellent

How he's not been invited to play Glasto I don't know
Saw him during the Metal Rythm album tour in Milton Keynes, The Woughton Centre again brilliant
I met Gary Numan a couple of times as he was a private pilot and part of my job at the airport was dealing with them. The first time we met was at the start of an attempt to fly around the world solo. Can't remember if it was the first (failed) or 2nd successful attempt. He is an amazing Pilot and a qualified aerobatics instructor and flew with an aerobatics team for a while.
Anyway, I can confirm that he is one of the nicest people in the pop world, a real gentleman.
I remember those events and landing in dubiouscplaces

Good to know he's a top bloke
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

pompeydave wrote: ↑Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:23 am First gig - depeche mode 1983 Brighton
Best gig - agree with Sanny Michael Jackson history tour 1997 - amazing. Tina turner with belinda carlisle similar year also superb.
😊πŸ₯°
πŸ‡³πŸ‡± Amsterdam

Fantastic Red Puma ST-Line X 155bhp, automatic, full options except full leather interior, massage seats and tow-bar, but who cares… ☺️
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Lots of great posts mentioning many fantastic artists so I thought I'd ask a related supplementary question.

Which artist, who is no longer with us, do you now wish you had seen live in concert but you never got round to it?

For me it was between Donna Summer and David Bowie..... with Bowie getting my vote. I've got his last Glastonbury set recorded and I watch it back thinking..... I wish I'd been there.

Having said that, someone is bound to mention an artist and I'll want to change my mind :lol:
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
FluffySheep

Post by FluffySheep »

This thread is quite revealing about everyone's age lol. My first proper gig was to see The Darkness in around 2006. I've been to quite a few gigs since then but I'm a big Bryan Adams fan, so I've seen him 5 times. I've enjoyed every one of his gigs and even met him after one of them. They say don't meet your heroes but he was really nice.

I wish I could've seen Queen and Michael Jackson.
2020 Puma 125 ST Line-X with Winter Pack in Desert Island Blue
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

FluffySheep wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:20 amMy first proper gig was to see The Darkness in around 2006.
I'm a big Bryan Adams fan, so I've seen him 5 times.
I seen The Darkness in 2004 I think it was in Glasgow...they were still riding high after the success of their first album and biggest hit single.
Bryan Adams is good...I first got into him in 1984 after hearing the single Run To You which made me buy the album Reckless, then the previous Cuts Like A Knife.
When Into The Fire came out in 87 I bought that right away, so when the tour was announced I got tickets for Glasgow SECC. Support band was T'Pau who were great and were actually enjoying much bigger success in the UK at that time than Bryan Adams.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Who do I wish I had seen ?
Easy - Otis Redding, ideally with the Bar Kays backing him.
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wowzz wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:34 am Who do I wish I had seen ?
Easy - Otis Redding, ideally with the Bar Kays backing him.
I saw him on the Stax Volt Tour in 67 which was in the April and he died in December.....Unforgettable experience. 8-)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

First Gig not sure but last gig was Elton John on his farewell yellow brick road. Best gig is harder but Rolling Stones in Poland was a stand out and for a more upto date band an early Killers gig at the Astoria as part of the NME tour, most of my favourite nights out were at the Astoria which is now sadly demolished to make way for the Elizabeth line.. progress??? Bowie or Led Zeppelin would be the ones I’d see if I had a Time Machine