New member - Order Placed

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Hey all.

Fairly new here. I'm in the forces and currently work in Italy for NATO. Wife and I just had our first baby so pretty soon my current car (Abarth 595) while being amazing for tiny Italian roads, will become a bit too small for the family(we have two Dachshunds too).

Some of you might have seen my other post looking for some owner insight on different specs. Well, I made up my mind and have ordered:

ST Line X 155 manual
Grey Matter
Signature LEDs
Winter Pack
Driver Assistance Pack
Pano Roof
Power Tailgate
Would have ordered the 19" wheels but the roads here are even worse than the UK so would rather have the extra rubber!

Finally decided I preferred the external look of the X over the extra interior features of the Vignale and put the order in.

Been given an expected delivery date of just before Christmas so will mostly be lurking and reading until it comes; and then hopefully no major issues for me to search for advice on.

I do have one question: Where are the USB ports to plug phones in got Android Auto/Carplay?
ST-Line-X 155 | Grey Matter | DAP | Winter Pack | Signature LEDs | Panoramic Roof | Power Tailgate

robgee

Post by robgee »

Hi and Welcome, USB ports are in the arm rest and by the gear stick in the centre console, it has both Android Auto and Carplay but only via wired connection but there are 3rd party units to allow wireless connections
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Yes Welcome. Congratulations on the new addition to the family.
I highly recommend going wireless for Android Auto/Carplay. You can plug the device into the armrest USB and forget about it. I use Android Auto and it just switches on and connects within seconds of starting the car.
The best dongle for AA would be this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/AAWireless-202 ... 741&sr=8-4
I think for Apple, Carsify is the usual recommendations, but, I haven't gone to the dark side so can only comment on AA ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

A point to note regarding the USB ports...on my car the one beside the gear stick is a traditional USB-A which is the most common one, but the one inside the arm rest is a USB-C.
My previous car was USB-C only so I had to buy an adapter to plug in my USB stick with my music on it.
USB-C is becoming more common for devices nowadays.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ron240 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:24 am A point to note regarding the USB ports...on my car the one beside the gear stick is a traditional USB-A which is the most common one, but the one inside the arm rest is a USB-C.
My previous car was USB-C only so I had to buy an adapter to plug in my USB stick with my music on it.
USB-C is becoming more common for devices nowadays.
Is that ST specific, all other models changed to USB C on both outlets a while ago. My old ST-Line X had the same set up you have, my new one both C.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Sparks wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:49 amIs that ST specific, all other models changed to USB C on both outlets a while ago. My old ST-Line X had the same set up you have, my new one both C.
No not model specific, so there must be a changeover period to all USB-C.
When you say a while ago how long are you talking?
My car was built in May.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I misinformed you earlier. My previous car was all USB A ( A First Edition) The armrest changed fairly early on, maybe Q2 2021 (not sure). I don't know when the front outlet changed to be honest.
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Sparks wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:44 am I don't know when the front outlet changed to be honest.
It must be very recently then, because I think you told me your new car was built in May the same as mine?
It looks like all cars are changing over to USB-C now. It is good for plugging cables in because you dont need to bother which way round it is, but not so good because USB-A is still the most common so a lot of people will need an adapter.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Yes, a May build.
It's all getting a bit messy in the USB world. Type C is the way forward, I bought a couple of dual USB sticks some time ago, they fit either type. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XC1WGQR? ... usbuk07-21

Apologies seyahremmus for hijacking the thread..... :lol:
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

USB May 2023 build Vignale DCT - A in the front, C in the armrest.